QOTW: What ordinary household objects or everyday inventions are more awesome than most people realize?
Following on from last weekend’s question, about unnecessary human inventions, let’s talk about the flip side:
What ordinary household objects or everyday inventions are more awesome than most people realize?
Mine are Ziploc bags... all sizes are great, but the best are the freezer bags, because they’re heavier and more durable, in the gallon size, which is the most versatile and useful size. I use them for everything, from keeping stuff fresh in the kitchen to organizing computer cables to traveling with toiletries (spills stay contained in the bag and don’t mess up my clothes) and much more. In fact, I’d venture to guess that Ziploc freezer gallon bags are much more essential to the galactic hitchhiker than a towel.
(If you have a suggestion for a QOTD/QOTW, feel free to email me. Responses to this QOTW sent by email will be ignored; please post your responses here.)
blog comments powered by Disqus
Sat Mar 16 13, 1:14PM
join the conversation:
talk amongst yourselves
by MaryAnn Johanson
· QOTD: What movies feel like a sunny day?
· QOTD: Is fan funding the wave of the geek-movie and -TV future?
· QOTD: Which directors would you like to see adapt Shakespeare for the big screen?
· QOTD: Would your workplace be a good setting for a sitcom or TV drama?
· QOTD: Which films have actually been enhanced by explicit sex and/or nudity?
· QOTW: What are the most unnecessary human inventions?
· QOTD: What institution or historical event would you mash up with what TV show or movie?
· QOTD: If movies came with nutrition labels, what would they say?
· QOTD: Is the military-industrial-entertainment complex trying to ensure we stay passive consumers, not active creators?
· QOTD: What is your most memorable movie poster ever?
London photo of the day: smile, swan
London photo of the day: unhip garden