Chris
Sat, Jan 03, 2009 6:18pm

Please donate your time to teach a troll to read for a better tomorrow.

Count Shrimpula
Sat, Jan 03, 2009 6:35pm

Makes sense, really. Trolls like an audience, so they gravitate towards the locations where they’re more likely to find one.

FunWithHeadlines
Sat, Jan 03, 2009 7:08pm

The trolls and idiots are always among us, in every human forum that allows them to be anonymous. When a site becomes popular enough to be noticed, they move in.

Curiously, if those exact people were to run into you on the street, MaryAnn, almost every one of them would stammer out some kind words to your face. It’s the anonymity that allows them to depersonalize the experience and let’s them say things they would never dare say to another human over a cup of coffee.

Except for the very few who would say such things to your face, but they are the true exceptions to humanity.

Meanwhile, there are far, far, far more people reading and enjoying your writing but don’t post messages. They are out there and they dwarf the trolls. Keep up the good work.

Bill
Bill
Sat, Jan 03, 2009 7:44pm

[HTML sarcasm tag]
Gone are the days when you can write your atheistic, feminazi, ‘murica-bashin’, man-hating, commie pinko, elitist, book larnin’ lovin’, egghead reviews in piece.

Plus, when you use “then” and “than” correctly, ur just askin’ for trouble. You think your better then me?
[HTML sarcasm tag]

Had to be done. Peace.

JoshB
JoshB
Sat, Jan 03, 2009 8:03pm

You nuked me and the troll in the Day the Earth Stood Still comments. Sorry I broke the rules, but that one was just too juicy.

MaryAnn
MaryAnn
Sat, Jan 03, 2009 9:45pm

I nuked the troll. Any comments responding to the troll were just collateral damage. Sorry.

Phil Urich
Phil Urich
Sun, Jan 04, 2009 5:57am

*shrug* internet trolling is probably almost as old as the internet itself, so yeah, the more popular it is the more it’s on the radar for the legions of trolls out there. Unfortunate, but that’s life I guess. You’ve done a good job of controlling it so far.

Anne-Kari
Anne-Kari
Sun, Jan 04, 2009 8:53am

I’m sure you’ve thought of this before, MAJ, but I wonder if now is the time to institute some official guidelines for posting. You know, a list of do’s and don’ts, to be followed or face being deleted or banned.

I don’t know if it would actually help, but at least the idiots would be getting a warning BEFORE posting their nonsense.

Anne-Kari
Anne-Kari
Sun, Jan 04, 2009 9:25am

Aaaand I just noticed your warning at the top of the “post a comment” section. Eagle eyes, have I.

Allochthon
Allochthon
Mon, Jan 05, 2009 6:24pm

I don’t get to use this much, and I made it before I got at all decent at The GIMP, but here’s my “Please don’t feed the trolls” icon: