1. Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen: £4.4 million (2nd week; drops 48%)
2. The Hangover: £1.9 million (3rd week; drops 1%)
3. Year One: £.98 million (NEW)
4. My Sister’s Keeper: £.92 million (NEW)
5. Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian: £.49 million
(actual numbers, not estimates)
With a drop of almost 50 percent in its second weekend in the U.K., and a cumulative take so far of about £16.5 million — far less, comparatively speaking, than its North American take over half as many days — Transformers: ROTF looks to be cooling pretty quickly across the pond.
The Hangover, though, barely dropped at all, and could well end up as much as T: ROTF, in the long run in the U.K., which would be astonishing.
Overall business was down 11 percent over the same weekend last year: the U.K. box office is finally starting to slow down from its overdrive of the spring, though with Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs set to open this week and sure to be a big hit, things could ramp right back up again.
[numbers via UK Film Council]