female gazing at: John Simm

As I get ready to delve deeply into Life on Mars with my episode-by-episode blogging (which begins next weekend), I find my mind wandering in the direction of the delicious and talented John Simm.

And I also suddenly realize that I don’t need to post only one image of each day’s drool-worthy guy. So here are just a couple more pix of Simm — it’s too hot and sticky in NYC today for me to get more overheated than this:

I’m posting pictures like these every weekday, of a man who is attractive and desirable, because I like to look, dammit — and because the female gaze doesn’t have to be such serious business.

(If you have a suggestion for someone we should female-gaze at, feel free to email me with a name or a link to a particular photo.)

hergrace
hergrace
Mon, Jun 28, 2010 5:41pm

This! (’nuff said)

Dre in Spain
Dre in Spain
Mon, Jun 28, 2010 5:49pm

Yummmmm. I’ve been waiting for John Simm to make an appearance. As you said, delicious and very talented.
I’m surprised you didn’t use a photo with that beautiful smile of his.

I’ll be in my bunk for the next week if anyone needs me.

Tammy
Tammy
Mon, Jun 28, 2010 5:57pm

OOoooh, my, my, my, yes! Oh, yes, more of this, please! Thank you VERY much!

I need to re-watch LOM, too. I look forward to your blogs on it!

Lady Tenar
Lady Tenar
Mon, Jun 28, 2010 6:14pm

Nice, he looks pretty tasty in those jeans and sweater. Makes me want to take them off…

History of Bubbles
History of Bubbles
Mon, Jun 28, 2010 6:24pm

Yeeeeeesss. Thank you. I haven’t quite been on board with your past several choices, but this one strikes the jackpot. It took me until “Last of the Time Lords” to twig to just WHY I was enjoying his performance as the Master so much…

I also really like that coat on him. Something about the way the cuffs come down to his fingers is so kind of tender and cute.

And since I’ve already punched my ticket on the Male Objectification train, here’s a kind of nice view of him in jeans (click image for bigger): http://www.fanpop.com/spots/john-simm/images/11633760/title/john-simm

Marisa
Marisa
Mon, Jun 28, 2010 7:28pm

*melts*

Tammy
Tammy
Mon, Jun 28, 2010 7:40pm

@Bubbles: You said, “It took me until “Last of the Time Lords” to twig to just WHY I was enjoying his performance as the Master so much…”

Oh, could you please elaborate for us? I would LOVE to hear why you were enjoying his performance so much.

weetiger3
weetiger3
Mon, Jun 28, 2010 8:04pm

Wow! Inspired choice! I’ve not seen him in Dr. Who, but if you’re a fan you must see the BBC mini-series “The Devil’s Whore” (also starring Female-Gaze Alumnus Michael Fassbender,)an insanely sexy Restoration period drama.

bronxbee
bronxbee
Mon, Jun 28, 2010 10:16pm

yum! my ice cream is melting. i love that under the eyebrows look.

Lady Tenar
Lady Tenar
Tue, Jun 29, 2010 1:05am

Oooh, thank you, History of Bubbles! I go nuts for a pair of well-fitting jeans on a man. :-P

dafydd
dafydd
Tue, Jun 29, 2010 2:35am

Shame he’s already played the Master because that would make a very smart ensemble for the 12th doctor. A hipper take on Ecclestone’s gear – Doctor Who and the Catwalks of Space Milan if you will.

Kate
Kate
Tue, Jun 29, 2010 3:24am

Mmmm. Lovely.

I’m quite serious when I say this has become one of my favorite sections of the site.

Lisa
Lisa
Tue, Jun 29, 2010 5:14am

I like him because he doesn’t try too hard to be liked.

The Devil’s Whore is really good – it has a really great cast – Capaldi, West, Riseborough, Maxine Peake! – I think that’s because you get so little proper quality drama being made.

Dre in Spain
Dre in Spain
Tue, Jun 29, 2010 9:04am

@ Lady Tenar
If you like to see a man in well fitting jeans, then this clip of John reading a bed time story will make you smile. It’s difficult to focus on his face, and not stare at his trousers..

leontineg
leontineg
Tue, Jun 29, 2010 9:24am

@bubbles, you have an awesome eye for detail. I too want to hear more! ;)

Lioness
Lioness
Tue, Jun 29, 2010 10:04am

Ooooh. I like.

I think I liked him better with blonde hair – Master style. But hey, just as nice here.

Drave
Drave
Tue, Jun 29, 2010 12:29pm

Might I humbly suggest that you add Female Gazing as an archive category? I know a few of The Ladies I would like to send the entire list to.

MaryAnn
MaryAnn
Tue, Jun 29, 2010 2:25pm

You can find all the female-gazing entries via the tag page:

Barb
Barb
Tue, Jun 29, 2010 2:26pm

Oh la la. One of my faves.

Mimi
Mimi
Tue, Jun 29, 2010 3:22pm

Applause!! Applause!!

Drave
Drave
Tue, Jun 29, 2010 3:56pm

Ooh, thanks. I fail at finding the tag page, apparently.

I_Sell_Books
I_Sell_Books
Tue, Jun 29, 2010 4:34pm

Well thank you kindly!

Debra
Debra
Tue, Jun 29, 2010 5:54pm

I discovered John Simm in 2009 through (bear with me): David Boreanaz in “Bones” then “Buffy,” to James Marsters in “Buffy” and “Torchwood,” to John Barrowman in “Torchwood” and “Doctor Who,” specifically “Utopia,” “The Sound of Drums,” and “Last of the Time Lords.” I’ve been hooked ever since, and I’ve managed to put together a pretty impressive library of Simm’s work. I even purchased a ticket to “Hamlet” this fall … not sure if I’ll be able to get there from Las Vegas.

Anyhoo, thanks for acknowledging the hotness of Mr. Simm. I’ve seen the second and third pics before, but F_ _ _ me! Where did you find the first one?

History of Bubbles
History of Bubbles
Tue, Jun 29, 2010 6:06pm

@Dre: Ooh, thanks for that. John Simm coming to read me a bedtime story—now that’s a very welcome idea!

@ Tammy & leontineg: Well, I suppose it was the compact physique (in a suit—that’s one of my buttons), the devilish grin on that shapely mouth, the sleepy-set eyes, and the sandy brown hair (though it looks good blond, too!).

Jip
Jip
Tue, Jun 29, 2010 6:37pm

One of my favorite pics, taken during publicity for “Crime and Punishment.:

Karen_P
Karen_P
Tue, Jun 29, 2010 9:05pm

Yes please…

Lordy, I do love those lanky northern lads!

Nina
Nina
Wed, Jun 30, 2010 12:57pm

ooo, late to the Monday party party, I worship John Simm, in all his incarnations. Just something about the cool smile , the intelligence lurking in the eyes, his walk as Sam Tyler in LOM. He’s not overtly sexy like Hugh Jackman, he just lingers in your mind & then you’re caught in the Simm. Gaaahhh.

Aryana Snape
Tue, Dec 18, 2012 6:05am

I love Time Lords :) @History of Bubbles Uh huh. Very nice jeans. @Dre lol. You are right. Forget the bright red sweater and the gorgeous face, his pants capture your vision.