female gazing at: Christopher Eccleston

Of course, anyone who can fly the TARDIS is high on my list of permanent boyfriends:

As is a sharp-dressed villain:

Oh, that smile just kills me:

No, wait, it’s those eyes:

*sigh*

I’m posting pictures like these every weekday, of a man who is attractive and desirable, because I like to look, dammit — and because the female gaze doesn’t have to be such serious business.

(If you have a suggestion for someone we should female-gaze at, feel free to email me with a name or a link to a particular photo.)

I_Sell_Books
I_Sell_Books
Fri, Jul 09, 2010 2:30pm

Oh yeah. I don’t know if you ever saw him and Daniel Craig (yes please) in the BBC production, Our Friends In the North, but it’s awesome. Highly recommended!

MaryAnn
MaryAnn
Fri, Jul 09, 2010 2:32pm

Have not seen that. But I did just get my DVD of *Lennon Naked,* and looking forward to seeing that.

Ken Patterson
Fri, Jul 09, 2010 2:42pm

He is indeed. Wibbly wobbly timey wimey has a new meaning now…

Dani
Dani
Fri, Jul 09, 2010 2:46pm

Our Friends in the North also had Mark Strong, didn’t it? Also very gaze-worthy ;)

LaSargenta
LaSargenta
Fri, Jul 09, 2010 3:10pm

You know, there’s a nice little clip of him looking especially gaze-worthy from Othello… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86-mZrSxNOM

One of the comments to this was “Guh!” Watch it and you can see why.

;-)

Karen_P
Karen_P
Fri, Jul 09, 2010 6:22pm

Woo hoo hoo hoo! Which is to say I quite approve :-)

I do wish Our Friends in the North was available in the states. I’ve watched the first four or so episodes through alternate channels, but would love to just have a chance to sit down with the DVD’s. Also well worth watching are Revenger’s Tragedy, Second Coming, Let Him Have It.

Not that I’m obsessed or anything…

Nina
Nina
Fri, Jul 09, 2010 9:32pm

Mmmm, CE was my first proper introduction to Doctor Who. I love his strong facial bone structure, the voice, that broad forehead & cheekbones, the way he wears a leather jacket & yes, the smile. Really looking forward to Lennon, Naked. Excellent Choice!

Tarot
Tarot
Fri, Jul 09, 2010 9:50pm
History of Bubbles
History of Bubbles
Fri, Jul 09, 2010 11:32pm

YYYYYYYYYYyyyyyayyyyyy!! Oh how I’ve waited for this day.

GUH indeed, LaSargenta. ;)

Here’s a nice portrait shot: http://animoscrypt.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/christopher_eccleston_99.jpg

And this one isn’t a “hot pic” per se, but, well, you can see why I like it : http://www.seriemaniacos.com.br/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/christopher_eccleston_01.jpg

Tammy Rizzo
Tammy Rizzo
Sat, Jul 10, 2010 12:03am

@Matthew: That video you linked to truly *IS* mesmerizing! I couldn’t look away. Such a simple concept, just a man staring at the camera, being still to the music. Such a different, enthralling, beautiful interpretation of a song, and something that not many actors could pull off. Being still is incredibly difficult, and being still while still emoting, saying so much with so very little … amazing.

History of Bubbles
History of Bubbles
Sat, Jul 10, 2010 3:34am

Oh oh oh I nearly forgot! Would you like Christopher Eccleston to read you a bedtime story?

Credit to Dre, who linked a video from the same series with John Simm, on Simm’s female-gaze page. I followed a hunch and found this one too! You can also find ones of David Tennant and John Barrowman, but that’s for another day. ;)

Nadia
Nadia
Sat, Jul 10, 2010 4:42am

I miss his “we’re in so much trouble” smile and his sexy leather jacket in the TARDIS.

Lea
Lea
Sat, Jul 10, 2010 9:29am

Beautiful, beautiful man…first Brody, now Eccleston…you have made my weekend you clever, clever woman.

MaryAnn
MaryAnn
Sat, Jul 10, 2010 11:53am

Jude is also worth a look – and you can see if you can spot David Tennant taunting his previous incarnation.

I provided photographic evidence of this here.

chiclit
chiclit
Sat, Jul 10, 2010 12:49pm

Excellent choice. I love Othello, too. Its available on Netflix, I think. And am looking forward to getting the re-released Our Friends in the North in the fall (I can deal with Region 2 Dvds).

Can’t wait for your review of “Lennon Naked” (also known as Eccleston naked).

And speaking of Tennant and Eccleston together in Jude, they are both currently filming different projects on the Isle Of Man-DT mentioned it in an interview, something about Timelords being like buses and joked about Sylvestor McCoy and Tom Baker turning up..

Mariah
Mariah
Sat, Jul 10, 2010 4:13pm

I really cannot recommend Our Friends in the North highly enough. I’ve watched it four or five times, and every time I think it’s not going to be as good as I remember it, but it always is. I get sucked into the first episode, and I’m watching for the next eleven hours… Everyone’s brilliant, but Eccleston is blinding, and while it’s easy to get wrapped up in Nicky’s relationship with Mary, it’s the ones with his father and with Geordie which are really the heartbreakers. (But a note: the BBC wigs on the boys take some getting used to.)

I’m glad someone posted about “Proof”, too. Not only mesmerizing, but a phenomenal exercise/lesson in acting. The changes are so subtle – I love that it’s impossible to tell exactly when he starts to smile, but it does start in the eyes.

The bone structure, eyes, and smile are all terrific, but it’s the acting that gets me every time!