female gazing at: Pierce Brosnan

Rewatching The Greatest on DVD today reminded me what a lovely fellow Pierce Brosnan is.

I’m not someone who gets starstruck, but once I saw Pierce Brosnan on the streets of Manhattan, and I actually, literally went weak in the knees. I had never experienced that sensation before — or, sadly, since: he’s simply that supernaturally beautiful.

No, really:

I love, too, how he’s pulled off the Cary Grant thing: he’s a boy from the wrong side of the tracks who’s fooled the world into thinking he’s some sort of aristocrat.

I’m posting pictures like these every weekday, of a man who is attractive and desirable, because I like to look, dammit — and because the female gaze doesn’t have to be such serious business.

(If you have a suggestion for someone we should female-gaze at, feel free to email me with a name or a link to a particular photo.)

Lanna Lee Maheux-Quinn
Mon, Jul 12, 2010 8:32pm

wowza. Gimme a piece o’ that!

Nina
Nina
Mon, Jul 12, 2010 8:56pm

Oh yeah, Pierce can come sail into my harbor anytime. He was astonishingly pretty when younger(think Remington Steele); as he’s gotten older, he has become handsome & even more elegant.

Rachel Hartman
Rachel Hartman
Mon, Jul 12, 2010 10:15pm

Still gorgeous after all these years.

Stefanie
Stefanie
Tue, Jul 13, 2010 7:34am

I, too, have run into Pierce Brosnan on the street in Manhattan, and yes, it was a beautiful sight (I do believe my jaw hit the pavement–boyfriend was in a tux! Yowsa!).

Alice
Alice
Tue, Jul 13, 2010 10:47am

I have loved Pierce Brosnan since he played an Irish country boy in a miniseries with Kate Mulgrew many years ago. (I can’t remember the name.) Also, he played a great small part in The Long Good Friday, one of the best films ever. He was just beautiful back then and he still takes my breath away.

VT
VT
Tue, Jul 13, 2010 11:29am

Yes, please! “Supernaturally beautiful” about covers it. I’ve been a big admirer ever since obsessing over Remington Steele reruns when I was a teenager.

ajodela
ajodela
Tue, Jul 13, 2010 3:21pm

I don’t think one day is enough for Pierce. I may have to have my own week or two or three of him. I’ve always wished he’d do more comedy- he also has the Cary Grant ability to be both beautiful and not take himself too seriously.

Like VT, I’ve also followed him since seeing him in RS. I even saw Mr. Johnson in a theater, which is saying something living in rural Iowa. :)

jayzhelle
jayzhelle
Tue, Jul 13, 2010 10:05pm

Pierce is the man every woman wants. He’s an environmentalist, a good actor and a FAITHFUL husband. what could be more perfect than that? Add his good looks and the deal is sealed. :)

Althea
Althea
Wed, Jul 14, 2010 1:14am

Must respectfully disagree. He reached his peak with Remington Steele. I did enjoy some years of taunting a friend that I was happy that pencil-necked geek was not being cast as James Bond. Just not my type, apparently.

bronxbee
bronxbee
Wed, Jul 14, 2010 12:51pm

i think he reached his peak in “The Thomas Crowne Affair”. just… yum.

sue
sue
Fri, Jul 16, 2010 10:19pm

Love Pierce! Both as a beautiful physical specimen of a man & as a gifted talented performer who appears to have a lot of personal integrity. Thanks for the tribute!