female gazing at: Robert Redford

Watching Three Days of the Condor the other day reminded me how totally hot Robert Redford was.

I have a lot of soft spots when it comes to guys, but the biggest one is for the pretty blond boys:

Oscars turn me on:

The fall will kill ya:

I’m posting pictures like these every weekday, of a man who is attractive and desirable, because I like to look, dammit — and because the female gaze doesn’t have to be such serious business.

(If you have a suggestion for someone we should female-gaze at, feel free to email me with a name or a link to a particular photo.)

Bill
Bill
Thu, Jul 29, 2010 10:57pm

Damn.

JSW
JSW
Fri, Jul 30, 2010 12:10am

“Be a beacon.”

Lisa
Lisa
Fri, Jul 30, 2010 5:11am

70’s Redford definitely had a spark and I don’t usually go for blonds.

Robert P
Robert P
Fri, Jul 30, 2010 6:11am

It never struck me before, but there’s a streak of similarity of appearance between Redford & Brad Pitt, who I assume you drool over as well. Pitt who had the audacity to hook up with MY woman, Angelina. Grrrr….

Just looked, I thought I recalled them being in the same movie – Spy Game, which I also recall as being a good idea that got screwed up.

Redford strikes me as being an intelligent guy, which I would assume really makes you swoon.

I remember hearing a profile about him on the radio – I think it was Paul Harvey – saying that he started out as a serious art student.

I_Sell_Books
I_Sell_Books
Fri, Jul 30, 2010 9:49am

Not the best actor in the world, but seriously hot.

@Robert P: Hunh, I never noticed the similarity before!

Kathy_A
Kathy_A
Fri, Jul 30, 2010 10:21am

Yummmm. I had a life-sized poster of Redford on the back of my bedroom door around 1980, when I was 14. Gorgeous!

Christine
Christine
Fri, Jul 30, 2010 10:22am

I tend to have a rotating list of desires-from-afar, so I appreciate being provided with new inspiration. He, Paul Newman, and Steve McQueen likely would have hit the trifecta for me in the early 70s.

Right now, it’s Lee Pace, Timothy Olyphant, and Alexander Skarsgard. Handsome men abound!

Thank you, MaryAnn. This brightens the dreariest of days.

Brian
Brian
Fri, Jul 30, 2010 10:33am

@Robert P: Redford also directed Pitt in A River Runs Through It.

Melissa
Melissa
Fri, Jul 30, 2010 12:26pm

Ohhh well done. I think his talents as an actor are underrated; I quite enjoy his understated technique. I still watch Out of Africa and get swoony when he washes her hair. Sighhhhh.

Weimlady