female gazing at: Edison Carter

Watching Max Headroom again reminds me what a total hottie Network 23 reporter Edison Carter is.

Matt Frewer was pretty cute back in the day…

Where is the DVD box set of Doctor Doctor?

I definitely could use some more 80s Matt Frewer.

I’m posting pictures like these every weekday, of a man who is attractive and desirable, because I like to look, dammit — and because the female gaze doesn’t have to be such serious business.

(If you have a suggestion for someone we should female-gaze at, feel free to email me with a name or a link to a particular photo.)

bronxbee
Thu, Aug 19, 2010 12:18am

yeah… i don’t remember thinking how hot he was in the 80s, but rewatching Max Headroom i found myself very distracted by edison…

allochthon
allochthon
Thu, Aug 19, 2010 2:14am

That jaw is something else…
(Still loving him on Eureka, etc.)

“It’s a mystery, Murry!” has long been one of my standard phrases. So glad Max is back!

Revsis
Revsis
Thu, Aug 19, 2010 4:58am

How is it that he never got to be another Crane brother on Frasier? I think the resemblance to both Kelsey Grammar and David Hyde Pierce is striking.

Rachel Hartman
Rachel Hartman
Thu, Aug 19, 2010 8:24am

My undergrad advisor bore a striking resemblance to Matt Frewer, if you can imagine Matt Frewer with glasses and a doctorate in English.

I should probably shut up now.

Patti H.
Patti H.
Thu, Aug 19, 2010 8:30am

You took the words right out of my mouth, MaryAnn. The first thing I noticed as I started in on the DVD set was the unbelievable hotness (surely I thought the same thing 23 years ago…) of Matt Frewer as Edison Carter.

Yeah, where the heck is the DVD set for Doctor Doctor?

Althea
Althea
Thu, Aug 19, 2010 10:26am

I’ve admired Matt Frewer all along, but even though he has played many sympathetic roles, for me he’ll always be Trashcan Man in “The Stand”. He was perfect. He is the exemplar of madness, and put Howling Mad Murdock to shame.

nerdycellist
Thu, Aug 19, 2010 10:45am

I had a huge thing for him when Max Headroom originally aired. Completely inappropriate crush object for a 14 y.o. girl. As a younger kid, had a proto-crush on Hawkeye Pierce. Evidently, I like the tall, sarcastic type.

LadySebastian
LadySebastian
Tue, Nov 20, 2012 2:01pm

There are some people who were fans of Max Headroom in the 80s and are again now that the DVDs are available. And there are others who never stopped being fans. I fall into the latter category. But can you blame me. Max’s entire ‘family’ is really good looking. Max himself looks awesome and so does his ‘father’ Edison Carter who is of course also playing by the charming and handsome Matt Frewer and his ‘mother’ Bryce (played by Chris Young, whom I also had a serious crush on at the time). Yeah, maybe it’s weird to think of Bryce and Edison as Max’s ‘parents’ but if you think about it, it does make sense in a way.