female gazing at: Michael Sheen

Sad Michael Sheen is sad in the first pictures released today from his upcoming film Beautiful Boy, so I’m not posting any of those (you can see them here). I want to see nice pictures.

I didn’t used to think that Tony Blair was sexy, but then Michael Sheen as Blair came along:

Not a lightsaber… but it could be (and Sheen is just the right age to wish it was):

I interviewed Sheen last year (and yes, I must get around to transcribing that and posting it), and while often the case is that you meet someone famous and they end up disappointing you by failing to live up to whatever absurd expectations you’ve accrued around them, this isn’t how it was with Sheen. He was exactly as thoughtful and as smart and as funny as I imagined he would be. And as himself — as opposed to to the characters he always disappears into, chameleonlike — he’s even more attractive, purely on a physical level.

He’s taller than I thought he’d be, too!

I’m posting pictures like these every weekday, of a man who is attractive and desirable, because I like to look, dammit — and because the female gaze doesn’t have to be such serious business.

(If you have a suggestion for someone we should female-gaze at, feel free to email me with a name or a link to a particular photo.)

Millie
Millie
Wed, Aug 25, 2010 11:30pm

I loved his cameo on 30 Rock. I hope he’ll be back.

Millie
Millie
Wed, Aug 25, 2010 11:38pm

And I just noticed he looks a lot like Colin Firth in the lightsaber pic.

Kathy_A
Kathy_A
Thu, Aug 26, 2010 12:32am

Even though I first saw him in The Queen, I’d have to say that an even more memorable performance of his was in a miniseries I saw on the Military Channel of various figures from Ancient Rome, where he played Nero in an amazing turn. Just riveting!

Ide Cyan
Ide Cyan
Thu, Aug 26, 2010 1:35am

He’s going to look all glammed-up in the Tron sequel:

History of Bubbles
History of Bubbles
Thu, Aug 26, 2010 2:09am

I was wondering if “Cheshire Cat smile” was something that was actually attributed to Tony Blair, or if they wrote that just for Michael Sheen, because he does it perfectly.

He is very cute, but the trouble is that whenever I try to mention his name to anyone, I usually get it mixed up with one of the other Sheens working in movies, which paints a picture I really don’t want to paint.

Patti H.
Patti H.
Thu, Aug 26, 2010 9:42am

Hey–this got a link at IMDB!

Woo-hoo!

Lisa
Lisa
Thu, Aug 26, 2010 3:07pm

Post. That. Transcript.

Dorothy Pomerantz
Thu, Aug 26, 2010 5:58pm

I just watched The Damned United. If I wasn’t totally in love with him before, I am now.

doa766
doa766
Thu, Aug 26, 2010 7:24pm

I loved it when in Unthinkable Sam Jackson made fun of his small pennis (that was partly shown)

bronxbee
Thu, Aug 26, 2010 7:35pm

his characters really have a way of sticking in your brain. just a few week ago, i had watched a part of some silly movie with Pierce Brosnan and Julianne Moore in which they play divorce lawyers representing the opposing parties in a divorce action. the male is a rock star and i just couldn’t get him out of my brain… trying to think who he was, who was he? finally i hit IMDB and found out — Michael Sheen. he was also excellent in “Frost/Nixon” although better in the film than the play, i thought. he’s quite good, isn’t he?

Thu, Aug 26, 2010 8:44pm

he’s quite good, isn’t he?

Anyone who can play that werewolf guy in Underworld AND Tony Blair is indeed quite, quite good.