female gazing at: Benedict Cumberbatch

Benedict Cumberbatch

Flick, Lisa, Dani, and another anonymous reader have all kindly pointed out how loooong overdue is the day upon which we gaze at Benedict Cumberbatch. That day has now arrived:

Benedict Cumberbatch

Best. Nerd. Ever as Sherlock, no?

Benedict Cumberbatch

Oh god, little glasses. This is where I lose it:

Benedict Cumberbatch

As Dani noted, It’s a pity we can’t have a picture of his voice. So have this instead:

Benedict Cumberbatch

(If you have a suggestion for someone we should female-gaze at, feel free to email me with a name or a link to a particular photo. But check to see whom we’ve already gazed at.)

oleanna
oleanna
Thu, Feb 09, 2012 4:16pm

Lovely, I could look at a page on Benedict each day.

Isobel_A
Isobel_A
Thu, Feb 09, 2012 4:27pm

I just don’t find him attractive at all, for some reason, although I’ll admit that he’s objectively a handsome chap.

Mrsvachs
Mrsvachs
reply to  Isobel_A
Tue, Feb 14, 2012 5:47pm

Oh, thank goodness, I’m not alone. I simply do not understand how he’s attractive, either. I like tall and geeky, but something about him just repels me.

bronxbee
bronxbee
Thu, Feb 09, 2012 5:23pm

hate the blond hair, and he short hair… but love those eyes.  and the voice… yes, we need a video with his voice.

Kathy_A
Kathy_A
Thu, Feb 09, 2012 5:24pm

I was just sitting here at my desk, thinking, “Thank you, Maryann!!!”

He’s so very yummy. But then, I have a thing for long, thin geeky boys (Jeff Goldblum, Matthew Gray Gubler, etc.).

A good actor, too–he was terrific in Tinker Tailor. Too bad PBS is making us wait so long for season 2 of Sherlock, damnit all.

Killara29
Killara29
Thu, Feb 09, 2012 6:12pm

THANK YOU!

gensing
gensing
Thu, Feb 09, 2012 7:40pm

With Sherlock, The Hobbit, and the up-coming Star Trek film he certainly has the geek-cred.

MaryAnn – One of my favorite roles he played was a college aged Stephen Hawking in Moffit’s ‘Hawking’ (2004).   If you haven’t seen it, you really should try to. BC gives a great performance as a grad-student aged Hawking at Cambridge.

MaryAnn Johanson
reply to  gensing
Thu, Feb 09, 2012 11:36pm

I’d love to see *Hawking,* but it’s out of print on DVD.

Anindoorkitty
Anindoorkitty
reply to  MaryAnn Johanson
Sat, Feb 11, 2012 7:40am

it’s on youtube

Rachel Hartman
Thu, Feb 09, 2012 8:32pm

Dark-haired, blue-eyed, tall, and *smart*.  I’d trip him and beat him to the floor, if I weren’t happily married to my own dark-haired blue-eyed tall geek.

Bobbi
Bobbi
Thu, Feb 09, 2012 9:59pm

First and foremost Benedict is a great actor and seems to be admired by all who work with him.
He is not a “regular type handsome” but for anyone who sees just pictures and has not heard him talk or move or act can’t understand why he Is very attractive to many.  He said himself he knew he’d never get the roles the good-looking actors get- But, he is wrong – he can do any role required of him.   As for the different hair – different because of the roles he is playing.  He will look how any role needs for him to look.

NorthernStar
NorthernStar
Thu, Feb 09, 2012 11:32pm

You missed posting a picture of his hands, which are utterly beautiful.  So much so I’ve missed some of Sherlock‘s dialogue if he’s giving it while fiddling with a microscope because I’m forcusing on them.  His face is more interesting than handsome (I don’t mean that in a bad way!) and nature has let him down a little in that he looks nicer with his hair dyed black than its normal (but still very nice) sandy-reddy colour.

CatRenee
CatRenee
Fri, Feb 10, 2012 3:21am

Benedict is exactly the type of guy that I find super hot. Intelligent, talented, not typically handsome but ever so much more interesting from what others would consider flaws. I also feel this way about Martin Freeman, so seeing them together on Sherlock just makes that show a must see for me, and that’s not my usual thing, luckily, I also very much like the show on its own merits too. Ben was also very good in Tinker, Tailor…that film had a ridiculous amount of male actors I love for the same reasons, then again, I did read the books as well.

VashtaJenny
VashtaJenny
Fri, Feb 10, 2012 6:38pm

Where do we even go from here?

Natasha J. Stillman
Mon, Feb 13, 2012 1:11pm

Oh yeah, I’ve been gazing at him since the 1st Sherlock came out.  He’s going to be very big.

Cecily
Cecily
Wed, Mar 14, 2012 6:47pm

Fans of Benedict Cumberbatch must not miss him in To the Ends of the Earth, a period drama in 3 episodes. 4 1/2 hours with him as star, first person narrator. It’s on Netflix.

emmerge
emmerge
Thu, May 24, 2012 7:02am

I know so many people who adore him; I hope when I start watching Sherlock that it will be able to erase the complete evil of his role in Atonement! He was perfect in the role, but chilling, hard to get past.