female gazing at: Ben Whishaw

Ben Whishaw

Because Ben Whishaw as Q in Skyfall gives me nerd tingle:

Ben Whishaw

Do people realize how damn sexy this is? Not enough, I suspect:

Ben Whishaw

Whishaw is also seriously nerdalicious in The Hour, the BBC drama about early TV news:

Ben Whishaw

And totally angsty-cute as mopey poet John Keats in Bright Star:

Ben Whishaw

A skinny Brit nerdboy with amazing hair? Why, he’s the new David Tennant!

(If you have a suggestion for someone we should female-gaze at, feel free to email me with a name or a link to a particular photo. But check to see whom we’ve already gazed at.)

Cóz
Thu, Oct 25, 2012 9:43pm

I’ve recently become a great fan of Ben Whishaw. Saw his Richard II, and backtracked through his filmography. Enormously talented, very unique, and such a sweetheart. . .

Here he is talking about his co-stars of Bright Star: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EKmkiR0-20&list=FLmcy52t_KVnMrfGk2QMUAcQ&index=34&feature=plpp_video

Really looking forward to his Geek Chic Q!

MaryAnn Johanson
reply to  Cóz
Thu, Oct 25, 2012 10:28pm

I did a press event for Bright Star and got to talk to him. He’s as smart and funny as you’d expect.

ETA: But he’s also very very shy.

Harmony77
Fri, Oct 26, 2012 4:45am

Great! But there is no new David Tennant. There is only David Tennant.

Epurple12
Epurple12
Fri, Oct 26, 2012 5:46am

He played Keats? I think I need to see that movie.
Have you gazed at Ben Affleck yet? I don’t know why, but he suddenly became hot again.

MaryAnn Johanson
reply to  Epurple12
Fri, Oct 26, 2012 11:55am

*Bright Star* is great… and it’s *very* female-gazey.

Yeah, after *Argo,* Affleck is on the short list for gazing…

Nina
Nina
Fri, Oct 26, 2012 5:00pm

Oh such a good choice! I first saw Ben in Bright Star & determined then & there to see whatever he was in.  That flute-like voice just tingles my spine.That springy curly head of head; oooo, I so want to run my fingers thru it! Topped with a crown in Richard II …… fans self. Ben really has amazing range. I look forward to seeing his career develop.

Jurgan
Sat, Oct 27, 2012 3:45am

With the glasses, he looks like Cillian Murphy.

CatRenee
CatRenee
Sun, Oct 28, 2012 4:21pm

When I first saw him in Perfume, I thought, OMG, that man is totally hot. Than The Hour, where he continues to prove that a smart man who also looks good is such a draw, and now the new Q. Happiness.

lescarr
Tue, Oct 30, 2012 12:58am

Did anyone else think that Ben Whishaw’s Q in SkyFall was perilously close to Richard Ayoade’s Moss from the IT Crowd?

Killara29
Killara29
Sun, Dec 09, 2012 4:47pm

He’s very handsome but there’s only one David Tennant

Toooldforyou
Toooldforyou
Fri, Jun 07, 2013 3:54am

Nerdy and soulful…does it for me! He’s too talented really. Handsome too!

LaSargenta
LaSargenta
Sun, Aug 04, 2013 10:45pm

Encountered an update on BW’s lisfe…http://www.towleroad.com/2013/08/actor-ben-whishaw-confirms-hes-gay-married-to-his-partner.html

I was so impressed with Bright Star. Such a good movie from everyone involved.