Danielm80
Danielm80
Tue, Jan 31, 2017 10:30pm

I’ll care deeply if they cast Tracey Ullman or Toks Olagundoye or Felicity Jones.

Dent
Dent
reply to  Danielm80
Wed, Feb 01, 2017 2:50pm

Felicity Jones would be great. Seeing as the doctor has been male his whole lifes it’d be interesting to see how they’d play with the significance of that sort of identity change. Maybe it changes nothing (which would be cool in and of itself) but maybe it could symbolize the Doctor making an important choice or rejecting a certain previously held belief? The Doctor is such a cool character concept… the potential here… we’re just setting ourselves up for disapointment aren’t we?

MaryAnn Johanson
reply to  Danielm80
Wed, Feb 01, 2017 10:09pm

Or Olivia Coleman or Haley Atwell.

Danielm80
Danielm80
reply to  MaryAnn Johanson
Wed, Feb 01, 2017 10:40pm

If I started listing all the great actresses who could play the part, I might never stop. And most of them are available right now, because there are so few movies or TV shows with female leads.

bronxbee
bronxbee
reply to  Danielm80
Wed, Feb 01, 2017 11:08pm

i’m a total feminist… but i don’t want the Doctor to be a woman… because I am in love with the Doctor and… well, i guess i could adapt.

Owen1120
Owen1120
reply to  bronxbee
Thu, Feb 09, 2017 7:50pm

Hayley Atwell actually wants to do it, and if you’ve seen Agent Carter, you’d know she’d be great for the part.

Danielm80
Danielm80
reply to  Owen1120
Thu, Feb 09, 2017 8:55pm
bronxbee
bronxbee
reply to  Owen1120
Thu, Feb 09, 2017 10:32pm

i wish she was still doing Agent Carter. but i will lay odds that there’s never going to be a woman Doctor …

Wed, Feb 01, 2017 12:05pm

Would have been nice if he’d ever had a decent showrunner; he’s a great actor when he has something to work with.

I assume Moffat will supervise the replacement; I can’t see him readily giving up one last chance to put his stamp on the programme.

Jurgan
Jurgan
Thu, Feb 02, 2017 12:30am

So Moffat and Capaldi are leaving at the same time? Good, we’ll get a complete fresh start. Meanwhile, I hope Capaldi gets to do some audio dramas as The Doctor with a decent script.