Sat, May 06, 2017 9:51pm

Yeah, I don’t remember the Batman v. Superman promotional deals with diet protein bars.

She’s a comic book superhero. She should be marketed like a goddamn comic book superhero.

reply to  Bluejay
Wed, May 10, 2017 9:11am

Shilling Hostess™ Twinkies?

MaryAnn Johanson
reply to  RogerBW
Wed, May 10, 2017 10:17am

Nerds eat junk food…

reply to  RogerBW
Thu, May 11, 2017 2:12am

If that’s what the marketers are making all the male superheroes do, then yes. :-)

reply to  Bluejay
Thu, May 11, 2017 12:32pm

It was a standard ad in DC comics in the 1970s-1980s – a half-page superhero story, using one of the actual characters, in which the Twinkies were instrumental in the defeat of the bad guys.

Dr. Rocketscience
Dr. Rocketscience
reply to  RogerBW
Fri, May 12, 2017 5:02am

comment image?format=750w

Danielm80
Danielm80
Sun, May 07, 2017 12:27pm

Has anyone else seen any TV ads? I’ve seen exactly two. One on Samantha Bee’s show and one on iZombie.

If this were a movie about a male super-hero, I’d say that the strategy makes a lot of sense. There’s no need to saturate the market with ads for a movie that’s going to get a ton of press, anyway. But I have a feeling that when the other Justice League characters get their movies, we’re going to see ads round the clock. Imagine: 24 hours of Aquaman.

But this weekend, I’m at a steampunk convention, where I can see Wonder Woman in lots of different ages and body types, including a little girl with a very elaborate costume.

Owen1120
Owen1120
reply to  Danielm80
Sat, May 13, 2017 8:59pm

I’ve seen several, but the only shows I watch on TV now are Doctor Who and Agents of Shield.

Dent
Dent
Thu, May 11, 2017 1:16am

Saw her on boxes of Diet Dr. Pepper. The marketing for this film truly is bizarre. Who do they think they’re targeting? Because right now it seems like diabetics.

MaryAnn Johanson
reply to  Dent
Thu, May 11, 2017 9:05am

It’s ladies! Ladies are the target.

Soon we will have an ad in which Wonder Woman laughs while eating salad.

reply to  MaryAnn Johanson
Thu, May 11, 2017 1:47pm

As long as it’s not an ad in which she’s struggling to drink water.

Maura Grady
Maura Grady
Sun, May 21, 2017 11:01pm

Barbie has some cool sets for the new film. I say that in all seriousness because I am a feminist mom who loves barbies. I am holding my breath and hoping I can take my daughters to see WW kick some ass.