‘Doctor Who’ thing of the day: awesome extras on the first Matt Smith DVD set
Geoff Boucher at Hero Complex has the exclusive! OMG!
I just got word that the BBC is poised to announce that "Doctor Who: The Complete Fifth Series" will hit Blu-ray and DVD on November 9 and that it will contain a truly tantalizing extra: two newly filmed sequences, both written by Steven Moffat and available only in this collection.
That November 9th date is most likely for Region 1; the Region 2 date probably won’t be too much earlier than that, if at all.
Of course, you can already buy some of the Matt Smith debut season on Region 2 DVD, though these discs don’t have the “Meanwhile” material. Buy Volume 1 and Volume 2; preorder Volume 3 (out August 2) and Volume 4 (out September 6). These typically are pretty bare-bones: a couple of episodes and maybe one bonus, but not all the stuff that will eventually be on the complete season box set.
(If you stumble across a cool Doctor Who thing, feel free to email me with a link.)
Disqus commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
Mon Jul 19 10, 5:13PM
join the conversation:
9 pre-Disqus comments
by MaryAnn Johanson
· question of the day: What is so genuinely special about ‘Star Wars,’ ‘Raiders of the Lost Ark,’ and ‘Back to the Future’?
· Upside Down (trailer)
· best thing about ‘The Dark Knight Rises’?
· omg: Han Solo shoulda died in ‘Return of the Jedi’
· Doctor Who thing of the day: seven-year-old Ethan is a secret Dalek!
· Doctor Who thing of the day: Doctor Who at the London New Year’s Day parade
· Doctor Who blogging: “The Snowmen”
· Doctor Who thing of the day: why the ending of “The Angels Take Manhattan” makes no sense
· fun stuff from FlickFilosopher stats week of Dec 29 2012-Jan 04 2013
· Doctor Who thing of the day: William Shatner as the Master?
female gazing at: The Man Your Man Could Smell Like