blake
blake
Tue, Dec 16, 2008 6:35pm

I’m sure “The Real Fat Slags” can’t be a bad as the Fat Slags movie.
For some reason Fat Slags was a unsuccessful comic book adaptation.
Can’t think why…

Tonio Kruger
Tue, Dec 16, 2008 9:40pm

We women just can’t win. Either we’re fat slags or we’re skinny bitches.

And we men are all too often stereotyped as being either wimps or ogres.

Or else, we’re seen as being either lazy no-accounts or obsessive workaholics.

Let’s face it. Double standards suck–for all genders.

That said, I don’t consider these DVDs to be all that appealing, either.

JoshB
JoshB
Wed, Dec 17, 2008 1:46am

I think in this circumstance the word bitch is being used as a compliment. It’s one of those words that was originally meant as an insult but has been co-opted by the very people it was meant to denigrate.

The fuck is the slag movie about? It looks ghastly.

MaryAnn
MaryAnn
Wed, Dec 17, 2008 2:02pm

And we men are all too often stereotyped as being either wimps or ogres.

Okay, fair enough. But you go try to find two movies on Amazon denigrating men and their bodies with such obvious glee.

I think in this circumstance the word bitch is being used as a compliment.

blake
blake
Wed, Dec 17, 2008 2:42pm

“You think so? I think it’s meant to set women against women: Don’t be a hater, be a hatee!”

That’s sarcasm…isn’t it ?

MaryAnn
MaryAnn
Wed, Dec 17, 2008 3:40pm

No, it isn’t.

hdj
hdj
Wed, Dec 17, 2008 8:05pm

I’m adding Fat slags to my Christmas list, more cushion for the pushing that’s what I always say =P

MaryAnn
MaryAnn
Wed, Dec 17, 2008 11:08pm

As long as you click through from FlickFilosopher.com when you buy from Amazon.

If someone’s getting rich off this shit, I want my cut for promoting it.

MBI
MBI
Thu, Dec 18, 2008 1:57pm

“Skinny bitch,” usually an insult used by other females, is here appropriated for use as semi-mocking self-description, in much the same way that Southerners will identify as “rednecks.”