question of the day: Are Christian Bale and Kermit the Frog the same person?

I’ve never thought about this before, and why would I: No one seems to want to talk about it. I think that fact alone is a serious indication that something nefarious is afoot.

Listen: Have Christian Bale and Kermit the Frog ever been seen in public together? Is there any evidence at all that they are not, in fact, the same man– er, frog– um, sentinent person-type creature?

I dare you to find any.

I dare you to examine the mountain of evidence crack investigator Fred ferdalump at the LiveJournal ohnotheydidn’t has assembled that slams the lid on the airtight case that Christian Bale and Kermit the Frog are, in fact, one and the same. This is but a tiny sample:

It’s spooky, I tell ya. Something weird is up.

I ask you, my fellow Americans, and all good Welshmen and amphibians too: Are Christian Bale and Kermit the Frog the same person?

Next: Are Russell Crowe and Grover the same adorable hairy monster?

Weird.

(This question comes via a post at A Million Things That Bug Me. If you have a suggestion for a QOTD, feel free to email me.)

MaSch
MaSch
Fri, Apr 17, 2009 9:17am

Now, if you had a clip of Kermit verbally abusing a stagehand, you had me really convinced.

MaSch
MaSch
Fri, Apr 17, 2009 9:22am

Oh, and the frogchild clearly is Robin, it’s the same photo as the one from Muppet’s Christmas Carol with both Kermit and Robin on it, so I guess, the whole speculation is just built on lies and deceit, nothing more.

Michael
Fri, Apr 17, 2009 11:17am

Oh, sure, if you completely ignore the facts that each and every Robin (there have been, in fact, 11, each killed before they grew to maturity) is a secret clone of Kermit. Plus: Who’s Bale play? Batman! Who’s Batman’s as-yet-unseen in Bale’s movies sidekick? Robin!!

But you can’t handle that, man, because it’s too real!

;)

MaSch
MaSch
Fri, Apr 17, 2009 11:48am

No, Michael, you don’t fool me into believing that Bale and Kermit are the same by such a cheap ploy.

However, you have convinced me that Kermit really is Batman. Bruce Wayne is Batman, yeah, sure, tell that to the ignorant masses, DC!

MaryAnn
MaryAnn
Sat, Apr 18, 2009 9:58am

a secret clone of Kermit

Yup. It’s all done by the same secret lab in Switzerland that cloned Scarlett Johansson.

Clare
Clare
Tue, Apr 21, 2009 11:21pm

I love this post.

Minor nitpick, but the LJ user who created it goes by Ferd, not Fred; based on her profile she seems to be female.

MaryAnn
MaryAnn
Tue, Apr 21, 2009 11:36pm

Fixed. Thanks for the correx.