weekend open thread: painted egg edition

So I’m having Easter dinner with a friend tonight: leg of lamb. And I’m such a geek that the first thing “leg of lamb” makes me think of — okay, after yum — is, Hey, we could kill someone with it then cook it and feed it to the cops who come to investigate the murder!

Bonus geek points to you if you get the reference.

What are you up to this spring holiday weekend?

Rob
Rob
Sat, Apr 11, 2009 3:10pm

Fried Green Tomatoes?

Althea
Althea
Sat, Apr 11, 2009 3:12pm

Ah, you refer to the Alfred Hitchcock TV episode wherein the put-upon lady of the house bashes her husband’s brains in with the frozen leg of lamb. One of my faves.

As to the Easter weekend, I’m carrying on much as usual but successfully avoiding a dinner with a friend who can’t cook, and less palatable company in the persons of her parents.

Chris Beaubien
Sat, Apr 11, 2009 4:35pm

“Lamb to the Slaughter”

Classic ep! A 24 year old who know this is a rare breed.

Jan Willem
Jan Willem
Sat, Apr 11, 2009 7:33pm

It’s based on a 1954 Roald Dahl story of the same name, you know. Wishing you all happy Easter bunnies!

Anne-Kari
Anne-Kari
Sat, Apr 11, 2009 9:17pm

Gonna catch up on my Dr. Who dvrs, also having the normal Easter Egg thingy in our backyard wih the kids….

Drave
Drave
Sat, Apr 11, 2009 9:59pm

I’m going to celebrate Easter by watching the Blink episode of Doctor Who yet again. What better way to celebrate than a whole episode centered around an easter egg?

Bill
Bill
Sun, Apr 12, 2009 12:12am

Oh yeah…I definitely plan to watch a little dokhu this weekend. I’ll probably watch “girl in the fireplace” nine times in a row and then rewatch “blink”. My question is this…i don’t understand why one would describe “blink” as a “whole episode centered around an easter egg”. Ok, that wasnt a question…but you get the idea. What did “blink” have to do with easter? i am not a catholic, but neither are easter eggs…i dont know…im missing something. peace folks.

fett101
fett101
Sun, Apr 12, 2009 1:47am

It’s based on a 1954 Roald Dahl story of the same name, you know.

Yes. I highly recommend reading the Roald Dahl Omnibus to anyone that hasn’t as it includes this story and many other excellent tales (some others of which were turned into other episodes)

Drave
Drave
Sun, Apr 12, 2009 4:03pm

Bill: Not a literal easter egg. A DVD easter egg.

Anne-Kari
Anne-Kari
Sun, Apr 12, 2009 7:48pm

@rob – yep, Fried Green Tomatoes was the first thing to jump into my head as well.

As for my weekend: it’s been all about egg hunts and easter baskets and watching the kids get themselves so sugared up that they now vibrate at a frequency only dogs can hear.

And bonus, today marks 3 weeks of being a non-smoker.