the return of Captain Tight Pants!

Oh, the only reason to watch Castle is for Nathan Fillion, and there was extra reason tonight: his Halloween costume.
From the ep:

Castle’s daughter: What exactly are you supposed to be?
Castle: Space cowboy.
Castle’s daughter: Okay, A, there are no cows in space, B, didn’t you wear that like five years ago?
Castle: So?
Castle’s daughter: So, don’t you think you should move on?
Castle: I like it.

So do I.

Caro
Caro
Tue, Oct 27, 2009 1:06am

So do I!

Nathan Fillion is one of the only celebrities that I follow on Twitter as he is one of the funniest men alive. Not to mention sweet and good looking. I love that he often tries to insert Firefly references into the show… two by two, hands of blue.

The whole Castle show has impressed me. A little Murder, He Wrote with a twist. I love Castle’s relationship with his daughter. I think the book tie-in was a genius marketing ploy. Plus the stories/plots are somewhat refreshing in the maze of cop drama’s out there.

Swell.

Joanne
Joanne
Tue, Oct 27, 2009 3:48am

I found a clip on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APXjBB_thFM

This show hasn’t reached this side of the Pond yet – it looks reasonably good fun, and anyway it’s always worth watching Nathan Fillion.

I spotted a couple of other Joss Whedon referbacks too – the parenting egg, and the reference to Buffy. :)

Blueberry
Tue, Oct 27, 2009 6:20am

It was great seeing him in that again. Oh, the tragedy of having no more Firefly. It’s just wrong.

Anne-Kari
Anne-Kari
Tue, Oct 27, 2009 9:30am

Holy crap that is just fantastic. But it makes me miss Firefly all over again (Sob, sniff, sob).

As for “Castle” – yeah I’m only really watching it for Nathan but I too love the father-daughter relationship, and the show’s really growing on me. Yeah, it is yet another procedural, but it’s occasionally quite funny and, well, it’s got Nathan.

Sue
Sue
Tue, Oct 27, 2009 10:40am

Last night’s Castle was a scream and I squeed atthe great space cowboy piece. And it was about 5 years ago that he would have donned that outfit to play Malcolm Reynolds in the movie Serenity. Love it. Nathan is always worth watching but last night was pure gold.

FrankS
FrankS
Tue, Oct 27, 2009 10:44am

How can you not love a show with lines like “The Pit and The Pendulum – the original Saw.”

In addition to Fillion dressed as Mal, the Halloween party at the end featured Esposito dressed as a marine (he was in Generation Kill) and Ryan dressed as a bloody doctor (he was in General Hospital).

Jester
Jester
Tue, Oct 27, 2009 10:47am

LOL! There’s nothing better than well-done meta. The coat’s even “brownish.” ;-)

JoshDM
JoshDM
Tue, Oct 27, 2009 11:01am

In last night’s episode, the first victim has a stake through his heart, and Fillion made a “Buffy” comment. Was kind of hoping he’d have swapped to a priest/preacher outfit for a bit.

hwaghelstein
Tue, Oct 27, 2009 12:51pm

There was a massive squee at 10 pm EST and CST when Richard Castle donned Captain Mal’s costume. I longed for Firefly in that moment, then brought up some bile directed at the FOX network for their destruction of the show. I really miss it and I too, like Richard, Nathan, and Mary Ann, am not ready to let it go.

Though I do believe that there are many other reasons to watch Castle than Nathan Fillion. His chemistry with Stana Katic is electric as is the relationships between Esposito and Ryan, Mom and Alexis. The father daughter relationships is magic too.

Jenn
Jenn
Tue, Oct 27, 2009 5:00pm

There are lots of reasons to watch Castle — the subtle references (last night as well as Firefly there was Buffy, Underworld, Oliver Twist, X-Files and Great Gatsby and more I missed), the humor, the well-written relationships Castle has with his daughter and his mother, and the only relationship tease that is both fun and adult. It is one of my two favourite shows.

But I agree that to see Nathan Fillion is worth the price of admission.

hank Graham
hank Graham
Tue, Oct 27, 2009 5:53pm

Ah, like most of us guys, I long to be Mal. And like most of us, I’m probably Wash. Which is all good–I mean, Wash gets to sleep with Zoe.

MaryAnn
MaryAnn
Wed, Oct 28, 2009 1:44am

There are lots of reasons to watch Castle

*Castle* has moments that temporarily divert me while I’m watching it, but not enough for me to have been watching it absent Nathan Fillion.

lanchid
lanchid
Wed, Oct 28, 2009 6:01pm

So I take it you all missed the catalyzer from the Firefly episode “Out of Gas” on the shelf behind him?

Per Nathan’s Tweet: NathanFillion Look closely, when Mal comes out the door- under the gun, under the boat, just to the right. It’s a nothin’ part, till ya need one.