Lanna Lee Maheux-Quinn
Sat, May 01, 2010 6:22pm

I love the interwebs, I just saw it. Love River Song!

BBQ Platypus
BBQ Platypus
Sat, May 01, 2010 8:36pm

This is the first episode of Series Fnarg that I unreservedly am giving a 10 out of 10. Creepy and mysterious. Also very weird – I LOVE weird. I’m not sure if the Not-We love weird as much as I do, but there we go.

Kenny
Kenny
Sat, May 01, 2010 11:19pm

Amy, you naughty girl you.

Mo
Mo
Sun, May 02, 2010 12:11am

Oh my goodness, I think (on second watching) that I’ve got it: the thing Amy’s been hiding (that isn’t the dress) and how it works in. ***spoiler***It’s number three on Moffat’s list…the magically reappearing coat in that picture up there. The reason for the last scene… This episode is going to be like that Bablylon 4 episode in the very middle of Babylon 5***/spoiler**

Yeah, my mind is blown, Moffat is a genius, and I can’t wait for episode twelve.

Anyway, even without the timeywimey stuff, that has to be the best early in a season two-parter since new Who started.

Keith
Keith
Sun, May 02, 2010 12:28am

I was at a bookstore today and was looking through the last Doctor Who Magazine and I read that episodes 1, 4 & 5 were the first three shot. The second and third episodes were apparently shot later. Not sure of the order beyond this.

I am curious to find out what the big mystery of this season is. This last episode sure through out some interesting food for thought. Like to see what MaryAnn has to say about it (wonder if she’ll be thinking some of the same things I am).

LaSargenta
LaSargenta
Sun, May 02, 2010 12:58am

ARrrrrRRRRRrrGGGGGggggghhhh! I can’t watch it! I can’t see it.

*sob*

Damn internetz.

LaSargenta
LaSargenta
Sun, May 02, 2010 1:11am

nevermind

Der Bruno Stroszek
Der Bruno Stroszek
Sun, May 02, 2010 5:01am

No spoilers, but yes, that was some pretty crazy shit. Fun! Also, Matt, Amy and Alex are easily the most attractive TARDIS team ever (we have to start considering River Song a companion now, don’t we?) – I shamefully admit to getting distracted by Alex’s backside in the camo gear several times.

Also, I am in love with this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce2VRC5XGks

Jo the Hat
Sun, May 02, 2010 5:53am

Another episode packed full of cracking good dialogue. Full marks for it over here. Brilliant – of as Doctor Nine would have said – Fantastic!

Matthew
Matthew
Sun, May 02, 2010 9:56am

Not quite, the actual filming order was

Block 1: ep 4 +5 (Adam Smith, directing)
Block 2: ep 3 then 2 (Andrew Gunn)
Block 3: ep 1 (Adam Smith)
Block 4: ep 8+9 (Ashley Way)
Block 5: ep 6+10, mixed up (Jonny Campbell)
Block 6: ep 12+13 (Toby Haynes)
Block 7: ep 7+11, mixed up (Catherine Morshead)

So, roughly speaking, the stories we’ve seen so far have been in reverse order of filming. Next week is the first time we’ll see something that was filmed after The Eleventh Hour. Indeed, it’s the first story we’ll see that was filmed after the story that preceded it.

Tonio Kruger
Tonio Kruger
Sun, May 02, 2010 4:08pm

The Doctor? Who’s this Doctor fellow you keep mentioning, MaryAnn? ;-)