luddite
luddite
Wed, May 12, 2010 8:42am

I love Lost AND I looked forward to your writings – too bad!

Newbs
Thu, May 13, 2010 1:22am

I’m glad you took the hint, MaryAnn… though I guess by this point it wasn’t so much as a hint as it was a dozen people yelling at you to stop.

Still, if you wanna write about Lost, please do. It was the I’m-not-really-paying-attention-anymore-but-I-still-want-to-poke-fun posts that we were objecting to.

Here’s a great example of someone beating the shit out of the show in the appropriate way: http://chud.com/articles/articles/23689/1/THUD-4-WAYS-TO-HAVE-SAVED-LAST-NIGHT039S-CRAPPY-EPISODE-OF-LOST/Page1.html

How come you’re not writing about Stargate Universe? It really is a good show; they’ve taken their “let’s rip off BSG” idea and really gone some interesting sci-fi places with it that I didn’t expect.

Newbs
Thu, May 13, 2010 1:24am

PS: Justified is pretty good too. If you can believe it!

Lisa
Lisa
Thu, May 13, 2010 9:04am

At least you’re not writing about Flashforward. Small mercies.

MaryAnn
MaryAnn
Thu, May 13, 2010 6:59pm

How come you’re not writing about Stargate Universe?

If it get renewed for another season, I might. But I’m tired of shows I love getting no chance to find an audience and getting dumped by the networks. Such as…

At least you’re not writing about Flashforward. Small mercies.

I love *FlashForward.* I think it’s absolutely brilliant. So of course it’s on the verge of cancellation. I’m totally pissed off at ABC for not promoting it properly and letting it languish. If by some miracle it survives, maybe I’ll write about it next season.

MaryAnn
MaryAnn
Thu, May 13, 2010 7:00pm

I thought there was a point in that, that I *wanted* to be engaged but the show wasn’t working to engage me anymore. Obviously, I was failing to convey that.

cpr
cpr
Fri, May 14, 2010 12:52am

SyFy has already renewed SGU and Caprica for a second season.

Lisa
Lisa
Fri, May 14, 2010 8:26am

Why do you like Flash Forward? It would have made a good mini series but I don’t think it works as a series.

I will agree that it has improved but I think there were a lot of episodes that had no point to them. Or they meandered about for 41 minutes and then !!A REVELATION!!

I’m still watching (fast-forwarding thru the boring bits) but I wanna know how it ends.

JoshDM
JoshDM
Fri, May 14, 2010 9:33am

No such thing as verge anymore. ABC has canned it.