The apparently endless thread about the “logic” and “reasonableness” of “intelligent design” in the Cars 2 comments got me thinking about what the world and we humans might look like if both we and the environment we live in had indeed been designed by an intelligence beyond our own. I’m thinking things like:
• we might have two livers as well as two kidneys and two lungs
• we might not get backaches and fallen arches (a result of being inadequately evolutionarily adapted to walking upright)
• we might be able to turn off our reproductive systems until we wanted to have children
• we might be capable of breathing air with less oxygen in it, in order to reduce the danger of spontaneous fire
• there might be no regions on the planet not suitable for comfortable human habitation
• there might be no plants or animals that are poisonous to us
And so on.
What do you think? What would be some awesome evidence that homo sapiens and planet Earth had been intelligently designed?
(If you have a suggestion for a QOTD/QOTW, feel free to email me. Responses to this QOTW sent by email will be ignored; please post your responses here.)