what is your favorite special weekend breakfast?

favoritebreakfast

It’s the weekend, and time (hopefully) for a relaxing morning with no need to rush off somewhere and plenty of leisure to linger over coffee or tea and something yummy to eat.

What is your favorite special weekend breakfast?

Mine must be chewy, buttery croissants with jam — almost any kind of jam. And any breakfast is more special and more decadent if you can eat it outside: a sidewalk cafe or a deck overlooking the ocean would be my ideal spots.

Your turn…

(If you have a suggestion for a Question, feel free to email me.)

bronxbee
bronxbee
Sat, Aug 17, 2013 4:49pm

absolutely! croissants with jam, cream cheese and endless mimosas… outside when the weather is cool but clear.

MaryAnn Johanson
reply to  bronxbee
Sun, Aug 18, 2013 4:20pm

Yum! Perfect.

Anne-Kari
Anne-Kari
Sat, Aug 17, 2013 5:06pm

Blueberry buttermilk pancakes please!

Jonathan Roth
Jonathan Roth
reply to  Anne-Kari
Mon, Aug 19, 2013 8:50pm

I make those from scratch whenever I can, especially now that blueberries are in season.

Sat, Aug 17, 2013 5:19pm

My wife’s homemade blueberry or ginger pancakes, with a variety of toppings: dark maple syrup, lemon curd, peanut butter and jelly, sliced strawberries. Even better when we have a supply of grapefruit or oranges for me to make fresh-squeezed juice.

Second-favorite: fresh New York “everything” bagels from our local bakery, topped with salmon cream cheese, capers, and sliced tomatoes. With a side of chocolate croissants.

FormerlyKnownAsBill
FormerlyKnownAsBill
Sat, Aug 17, 2013 10:22pm

i like a good truckers’ special. biscuits and gravy, flapjacks, scrambled eggs, bacon, home fries, buttery toast with some strawberry jelly, and about a liter of milk. then a nap for 4 or 5 hours.

Damian Barajas
Damian Barajas
Sun, Aug 18, 2013 4:19am

Pancakes, According to my son If I was on Top chef and made pancakes, I would totally win XD

So there.

Michael F Brown
Michael F Brown
Sun, Aug 18, 2013 4:37am

Little cafe down the street (Bernie’s Cafe) used to make a crab-meat eggs benedict, sortof a special for them. Crab-meat, (Dungeness, natch) over sourdough English muffins. There used to be a line of folks waiting to get in for it

NorthernStar
NorthernStar
Sun, Aug 18, 2013 11:46am

Egg Benedict with smoked salmon in place of ham, wholemeal muffins and homemade hollandaise.

And it needs to be a bank holiday so no “it’s Monday tomorrow” blues can spoil it.

Danielm80
Danielm80
reply to  NorthernStar
Sun, Aug 18, 2013 12:05pm

My favorite weekend breakfast is Eggs Benedict made by Benedict Cumberbatch. I just need to convince him to move in with me, and act out episodes of Sherlock using stuffed animals.

MaryAnn Johanson
reply to  Danielm80
Sun, Aug 18, 2013 4:20pm

I’ll be in my bunk.

althea
althea
Sun, Aug 18, 2013 3:52pm

So many choices. For sheer satisfaction, mine is an omelet stuffed with spinach or broccoli, tomato, Asiago cheese, and Portobello mushrooms, with hash browns, biscuits and gravy, and excellent coffee. On the other hand, for a wide smile on my face, egg and chips in an English caff.

Mon, Aug 19, 2013 1:27pm

Full Irish. Which is very much like a Full English, but with both black and white pudding.

Beowulf
Beowulf
Mon, Aug 19, 2013 2:20pm

Sunday brunch at the Penn Stater Conference Center. In addition to smoked salmon, caviar, and other goodies, you have individually-prepared omelets, a free mimosa, and Penn State Creamery ice cream.

Jonathan Roth
Jonathan Roth
Mon, Aug 19, 2013 8:49pm

Home-made belgian waffles slightly underdone, with grandma’s blackberry syrup and whipped cream, bacon and eggs on the side.

Second place is from the chain “Cora” here in Canada, called “1990’s Harvest”. Raisin-brioche french toast topped with a medium poached egg, bacon, and a massive pile of fresh fruit, with maple syrup. MMmglemrff.