my week at the movies: absolutely nothing

I’m heading off for England very early Wednesday morning for 10 days, and I’ve already seen enough stuff to have some fresh reviews up while I’m away, so I’m sparing myself long commutes to screenings today and tomorrow. (And needless to say, I won’t be attending any press screenings while I’m in England. If I were going to be in London for 10 days, I might try to check out the press experience there, but I’ll be staying in Stratford-upon-Avon, where all the excitement is about theater, not movies. Not that I won’t be checking out that excitement, of course.)

In the few hours I’ve got left to get some work done before I leave, I’m gonna try to get up some more Hamlet and David Tennant stuff, but I won’t get through it all and will just have to endure more when I return home. Ditto all the Torchwood blogging I foolishly imagined I’d get done. Is it a good thing that my ambitions are always far greater than my reality can achieve, or a bad thing?

I’ll be cueing up stuff to post while I’m gone, and blogging fresh stuff from England, so there’s no reason why you need to take a vacation from FlickFilosopher.com just because I’m taking a little bit of a vacation from my usual physical locale.

Weimlady
Mon, Sep 22, 2008 5:00pm

Browning plumps for good thing.

“Ah, but a [wo]man’s reach should exceed h[er] grasp, or what’s a heaven for?”

Have a great trip!

Jan Willem
Jan Willem
Mon, Sep 22, 2008 5:20pm

Strange to say, Andrea del Sarto’s sentiment is akin to Toy Story’s Woody’s motto: “Reach for the sky!” Enjoy your stay on my side of the Atlantic (but across the North Sea). Looking forward to the reports of your adventures in Albion.

spikewriter
spikewriter
Mon, Sep 22, 2008 6:16pm

Have wonderful time — and I’m very much looking forward to hearing your comments on the production.

Nah — if we didn’t push for more, would we be doing some of the things we do?

Proper Dave
Mon, Sep 22, 2008 6:21pm

You’re coming over on my 40th birthday! Have a wonderful trip – and if you’ve time to meet up with any of your readers in London, I’m sure a few of us could make it to the pub at short notice.

Michael
Mon, Sep 22, 2008 6:46pm

Mind the gap!

MaryAnn
MaryAnn
Mon, Sep 22, 2008 8:32pm

I don’t know if I’ll get to London at all, but if it looks like I will and might have time for a meetup, I’ll post something.

Mimi
Mimi
Mon, Sep 22, 2008 9:59pm

Huzzah! Jealous, yet happily anticipating a report. Have a wonderful time!

cathryn
Tue, Sep 23, 2008 3:00am

have a safe journey and a wonderful time. saw hamlet last week and it was wonderful.
it would be great to meetup if you’ve time.