trailer break: ‘The Stone of Destiny’

Take a break from work: watch a movie trailer…

Oh, look, it’s The Da Vinci Code with a Scottish accent!

It’ll be better than that silly flick, though, because everything’s better with a Scottish accent. And also because this appears to be actually be intended as a comedy, instead of not intended as one — as with Da Vinci Code — but being hilarious anyway. And of course, it’s based on a true story, not a story people merely want to be true.

And oh look! Charlie Cox: I was expecting to see a lot more of him after Stardust, in which he was so charming and so exuded that ineffable movie star It that I was certain he was on the verge of major stardom. What’s happened with that?

Always nice, too, to see Billy Boy and Robert Carlyle in absolutely anything.

The Stone of Destiny is now playing in the U.K.; no U.S. release date has been announced yet.

NorthernStar
NorthernStar
Mon, Dec 22, 2008 12:08pm

Oh dear. Sky’s logo.

Alli
Alli
Mon, Dec 22, 2008 1:44pm

I guess the only way to get to Scotland is by riding the Hogwarts train. Weird.

Anyway, every time I see Robert Carlyle, I see him as Begbie from Trainspotting. Can’t help it.

Gee
Gee
Mon, Dec 22, 2008 2:53pm

Ooh. Looks good! I’ll be going to se it at some stage.

Alli – check out “Hamish MacBeth” if you want to wash Begbie from your view of Robert Carlyle. Hamish is a very different character and has a cute Westie called Wee Jock. Quirky, low key comedy drama.

Kenny
Kenny
Mon, Dec 22, 2008 3:46pm

Alli… the movie is set in 1950. Most people didn’t own cars, so if they were travelling between Scotland and England, they had to use the train. (Again, it’s 1950… so it would have been a steam train.)

Oh and now I know what movie I’m going to see tomorow night. :D

Alli
Alli
Mon, Dec 22, 2008 5:49pm

Makes sense Kenny. I’ve just seen that train and the Glenfinnan Viaduct so many times in the Potter films that it has become synonymous with that franchise. Just trying to be funny.

Kenny
Kenny
Mon, Dec 22, 2008 7:03pm

Apparently I won’t be seeing it tomorow night… as it’s apparently only on at 2 in the afternoon in two extremely inconvenient Odeons.

Also… while I know what you mean about the Glenfinnan viaduct Alli, I think the most entertaining example of its appearance is the one in the Irn Bru Snowman Christmas ad :D