question of the day: Which celebrity are you most tired of hearing about?

Maybe this is a problem only I have, because I cannot avoid the entertainment news if I want to keep up with my industry. But even just scanning the headlines some days makes me shake my head and wonder, Did we really need to know that about her? Did we honestly need to hear that he said that?

Susan Boyle. Jon and Kate. Anybody with any connection whatsoever to American Idol. Oprah. Ashton Kutcher. Farrah Fawcett. Nicole Richie. Larry King. Jay Leno. I could live a perfectly happy life if I never heard any of their names again.

Which celebrity are you most tired of hearing about?

(If you have a suggestion for a QOTD, feel free to email me.)

Ryan T.
Ryan T.
Fri, May 29, 2009 11:50am

The first five names you listed are spot-on. It’s like everywhere I look there they are. And I’m actually a big American Idol fan, but holy crap they crowned the winner more than a week ago. Simmer down now!

And don’t get me started on Jon and Kate and all the other names you mentioned.

Other people: Rihanna and Chris Brown, Lindsay Lohan, Katherine Heigl, Kim Kardashian, John Mayer, and Miley Cyrus.

seppo
seppo
Fri, May 29, 2009 12:03pm

Paris Hilton. How someone could be so famous and so rich for doing so nothing is totally beyond me.

Michael
Michael
Fri, May 29, 2009 12:13pm

Pretty much anyone with a common first name that the media assumes we recognize. So freaking sick of headlines like: “Jim and Becky: Not sure what to have for breakfast!”

Kate
Kate
Fri, May 29, 2009 12:34pm

I have been managing to avoid almost all gossip/celeb news since last fall by going cold turkey (since my job does not rely on staying up on tv/film news like MA’s does!). I still occasionally pick up some stuff from general conversation, news headlines, and magazine covers in the checkout line. But, despite my self-induced celeb gray-out, I still hear WAY too much about certain types of ‘celebs.’ So, please, no more of ANYONE who was/is on a reality show. Of any kind. Ever again. Please? Who can I call about this?

Cate
Cate
Fri, May 29, 2009 12:59pm

Big DITTO on your list. Plus anyone from The Bachelor or The Bachelorette or any other “reality” series EVER.

Bill Mason
Fri, May 29, 2009 1:23pm

I am completely unable to pick. All of the above so far. Plus any of the below that come after me.

bitchen frizzy
bitchen frizzy
Fri, May 29, 2009 1:52pm

Amy Winehouse

Angel
Angel
Fri, May 29, 2009 11:08pm

Please, please somebody make Jay Leno go away…..and take Paris Hilton with him.

Also, how about a national shunning of the Octomom? Who’s up for it?

amanohyo
amanohyo
Sat, May 30, 2009 12:20am

Jesus Christ, Nancy Pelosi, and Rush Limbaugh. Like Kate, I can escape most of the other entertainers by not watching TV or going to certain sites, but those three and their disciples are everywhere (literally everywhere in JC’s case apparently) and I couldn’t care less about what any of them have to tell me.

Patrick
Patrick
Sat, May 30, 2009 12:51am

Marilyn Monroe. She’s been dead for 40 years, lets all move on please.

Victor Plenty
Victor Plenty
Sat, May 30, 2009 2:24am

Oh NO!! Not Marilyn Monroe too! Will this epidemic of premature death in Hollywood never end??

Laurie Mann
Sat, May 30, 2009 11:21pm

Mostly Paris because she’s one of those “famous for being famous” people.

Sarah
Sun, May 31, 2009 12:22am

I second all the people on your list MA.

I can’t imagine being interested in any of these people’s lives, but every time I go to a store with magazines, it appears someone thinks I should be: Lindsay Lohan, Kate + Ashley, Jennifer Aniston, Tom Cruise + Katie Holmes, Miley Cyrus, Hilary Duff,Brad Freaking Pitt and Angelina Freaking Jolie.

Who are half these people anyway? All I know is some of them were on some TV show.

At least Paris Hilton doesn’t seem to be on any magazine covers any more, so you can almost kind of forget about her.

David C
David C
Sun, May 31, 2009 12:52pm

“Pretty much anyone with a common first name that the media assumes we recognize.”

This annoys me too. Not so much the fact that I don’t recognize the name as the fact that I can’t stop myself from trying to figure out who the hell they are.

For example:
“Jon and Kate” – So are Jon Voight and Kate Jackson getting together now? I guess they’d make a good couple.

Or from several years ago:
Why’s everybody talking about R. Kelly when he hasn’t even been the Yankees’ center fielder for years?

kelly
kelly
Sun, May 31, 2009 11:43pm

Jon & Kate !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cancel the show or TLC…you pick !

Paul
Paul
Mon, Jun 01, 2009 6:28pm

It shouldn’t be beyond understanding how Paris got rich; she inheriented it. Then she spent the money to get famous, or maybe just underdressed for it. Normally she’d belong to the invisible rich, those who hang out in places too expensive for journalists to follow. But she had a dream, I guess.

But having said that, no, I don’t care about her life. I don’t care about the private lives of anyone in Hollywood. It’s between them and their defense lawyers, as far as I’m concerned. It’s not as if we’re going to have a clean up Hollywood campaign and start arresting them for doing coke.