who else writes ‘Doctor Who’ fan fiction?

Matt Smith, that’s who:

Matt Smith has apparently revealed he has written his own Doctor Who stories – to help him understand the character.

The 27-year-old, who replaces David Tennant as the Time Lord in the new series starting on April 3, told the Daily Mirror: “I wanted to feel like Doctor Who, understand where he’d come from, so I wrote stories of the Doctor and Einstein in Egypt, which focused on their roles in the creation of the Pyramids.”

He added: “I had six months prep before we began filming so it gave me time to write quite a few stories.”

What a dork.

Isobel
Isobel
Thu, Apr 01, 2010 3:17am

!

Actually, that has given me a little more confidence as Matt Smith as the Doctor, if he’s that enthused about it all.

Sadly, I saw on Neil Gaiman’s blog the other day that his Doctor Who episode has been moved to Series 6, so a longer wait for it. Grr.

Lythea
Lythea
Thu, Apr 01, 2010 4:21am

Yay dorkiness! That certainly makes me a bit more inclined to love this man.

Proper Dave
Thu, Apr 01, 2010 4:56am

He, Karen Gillan and Steven Moffat are visiting New York on 14 April for a screening of The Eleventh Hour, followed by a Q&A. Details on the BBC America Facebook page. It’s first come, first served, so get in quick!

Scott
Scott
Thu, Apr 01, 2010 9:26am

Okay, now I have to know where he’s posted it…

Josh C.
Josh C.
Thu, Apr 01, 2010 1:30pm

I’ll be doubly intrigued if it’s slash….

Newbs
Thu, Apr 01, 2010 3:35pm

The Doctor leaned in close, his eyes locked with Einstein’s. The brogue throb of the Tardis was the only sound.

“Doctor,” said Albert with a tinge of lusty anxiousness, “what are you doing?”

The Doctor took Albert’s face in his hands and kissed him on the lips, a brief tickle of moustache. “Something I should have done a long time ago, Albert,” said The Doctor.

Oh, gross. I just puked on my laptop!

Kimberly
Kimberly
Thu, Apr 01, 2010 5:04pm

That’s pretty damn adorable. Perhaps I can forgive him for being a mere child.

Paul
Paul
Thu, Apr 01, 2010 6:21pm

If any of you have livejournal, I did stumble across a “Sense and Sensibility” crossover with “Doctor Who.” I didn’t keep track of where, so I can’t provide a link.

Proper Dave
Fri, Apr 02, 2010 12:42am

Matt says his stories are “probably quite crap” (then apologises for using “the cr word” on early-evening television).