your £$ support needed

part of a small rebellion | by maryann johanson

‘Doctor Who’ thing of the day: Is Oscar the Grouch a Time Lord?

Long has the mystery haunted humanity: Just what kind of creature is Oscar the Grouch, anyway? Irrefutable evidence gleaned in a recent scientific study points indisputably to one answer alone: Oscar the Grouch is a a Time Lord.

At least, so says BillChas at the blog The Elegance of Humanity in America. The evidence, m’Luds, begins with Oscar’s trash can, the inside of which is pictured below [Exhibit A]:


Oscar’s trash can is obviously much larger on the inside. It is said to contain, apart from the items pictured, an elephant, a swimming pool, a china cabinet, and a portal to Oscar’s home planet of Grouchland. I can hear your nerdly grumblings already: “But BillChas, surely you know that Time Lords are from the Planet Gallifrey in the constellation of Kasterborous at “galactic coordinates ten-zero-eleven-zero-zero by zero-two from galactic zero centre.” I say it was a ruse – that Oscar was merely hiding his true home planet to live a low-profile life on a happy block full of happy neighbors singing about the alphabet in Queens, New York.

What may we infer? Oscar’s trash can is a TARDIS!

I direct the jury to further evidence and beg you to draw your own conclusion. Which will be: Oscar the Grouch is a Time Lord.

(Thanks to reader Hank for the link. If you stumble across a cool Doctor Who thing, feel free to email me with a link.)

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/flick/public_html/wptest/wp-content/themes/FlickFilosopher/loop-single.php on line 106
posted in:
easter eggs
  • JSW

    All right, so that gives us Ms. Frizzle, Mr. Peabody and Oscar the Grouch as confirmed Time-Lords-In-Hiding. Who else can we add to the list?

  • JSW
  • Keith

    I also think that engines to Oscar’s TARDIS are either locked down or broken, stranding him in the present on Seseme Street. No wonder he’s so grouchy.

  • jakob1978

    Surely the same thing can be said for Snoopy’s kennel, which was a lot bigger inside than out.

  • Froborr

    The TVTropes hive mind has identified dozens of possible Time Lords, from Batman to Blackadder, here: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WMG/TimeLord

    Warning: The above is a link to TVTropes, one of the most addictive sites on the Internet. TVTropes will ruin your life and your vocabulary, so be cautious.

  • DaveTM

    My first car had a bumper sticker saying “James Bond is a Time Lord” to amuse 3% of the population and confuse the other 97%

  • Patti H.

    Heh. About 30 years ago, I was going to write a Fourth Doctor/Sesame Street crossover all about Oscar the Really Renegade Time Lord!

  • Lisa

    His chameleon chip must be broken too. Running from the time war?

  • alk

    Oscar the Grouch. His name says it all. He is a grouch. He doesn’t like anyone but grouches.

  • grokcore

    Now now, he’s not a Time Lord from Gallafray of course. The Grouches are time lords (of their own, thanks). Hence the love for trash. Time is full of trash!

Pin It on Pinterest