I’m putting out the donations cup…

I hate having to do it, but it looks like it’s necessary at the moment.

If you’re in a position in this awful economy to donate a few bucks/quid/whatever and you’d like to help keep FlickFilosopher.com going, I’d be much obliged.

No pressure, no guilt for those who can’t. I know how tough things are all over these days.

Things have gotta get better eventually. Don’t they?

Millie
Millie
Mon, Aug 02, 2010 12:02pm

I love your blog, though I’ve never commented before. Happy to help.

Funwithheadlines
Funwithheadlines
Mon, Aug 02, 2010 12:11pm

Donation sent. I hear ya when it comes to asking for donations, but that’s the new economy way so don’t feel bad. We support those we like to read.

I was one of your original subscribers, and I will always help any time you need it as long as I am able to do so. Your voice is needed.

Jan Willem
Jan Willem
Mon, Aug 02, 2010 12:44pm

Things are pretty grim over here, too, but sent you a little something anyway. Hold on!

Accounting Ninja
Mon, Aug 02, 2010 12:57pm

Done, and done!

Sandy
Sandy
Mon, Aug 02, 2010 1:02pm

I always try to hope for the best but expect the worst. I know that doesn’t help you very much. Hope the donation helps some, though.

Patrick
Patrick
Mon, Aug 02, 2010 1:33pm

Done. Wish I could have given more.

markyd
markyd
Mon, Aug 02, 2010 1:57pm

No problem-o. I figure I can at least give you what I might pay for a magazine subscription. Happy to help.

JJoseph
JJoseph
Mon, Aug 02, 2010 2:11pm

Done. It’s not a lot, but I am happy to help and hope it helps. :)

David
David
Mon, Aug 02, 2010 2:36pm

Like you say, everyone is a bit tight these days. But, your site has been a daily staple for the last 9 or so years for me. So of course I will support you, and I wish you the best of luck.

Anne-Kari
Anne-Kari
Mon, Aug 02, 2010 7:06pm

For all the reasons others stated here and many more: Some cha-ching from me.

Bill
Bill
Mon, Aug 02, 2010 7:08pm

here ya go. don’t spend it all on one bottle of wine. or do spend it all on one bottle of wine:) i can hardly call it a donation, though. we call it partial payment for services rendered.

Brian
Brian
Tue, Aug 03, 2010 12:05pm

There we go. Gotta put a little money where my mouth is.

Hmm, PayPal says the payment will show up on my bill as “thechick.” Good thing my fiancee knows this site and trusts me.

Mimi
Mimi
Tue, Aug 03, 2010 10:22pm

{clink} in the cup.

Ed Duffy
Ed Duffy
Wed, Aug 04, 2010 2:19pm

I had a small sum lying around in my PayPal account, so I’ve sent that your way. Hope it helps at least a bit.

MaryAnn
MaryAnn
Wed, Aug 04, 2010 6:07pm

I’m appreciating all the donations. Thank you all very much.

Bill
Bill
Wed, Aug 04, 2010 8:31pm

any merchandise you can hock? mugs? hoodies? who can’t use a nice hoodie? ff bumper stickers? i want one that says ‘flickfilosopher.com: we’re done talking about Pitch Black’

MaryAnn
MaryAnn
Thu, Aug 05, 2010 12:56am

I’ve tried merch before. It was never worth the effort. And Cafe Press or whoever keep such larger percentages of the sales prices that stuff has to be outrageously overpriced just for me to get a share that has any impact whatsoever.

All I know is: For the crap to be priced cheaply enough that I myself would want to buy it, I wouldn’t get anything out of the deal at all.

I am thinking about some digital stuff that might sell, which would take a lot of time to produce but could possibly earn some serious dough. But I’ll talk more about that when that gets closer to fruition.