many screenings today…

…so little to no further posting till late tonight.

Must find more time. I’ve caught up with Sherlock but who knows when I’ll get a chance to write about it. Haven’t seen this week’s Mad Men yet. Too many DVDs to watch and review, and too many reviews to write of stuff I’ve already seen.

*sigh*

Martin
Martin
Tue, Aug 03, 2010 11:48am

Any chance of a simple thumbs up/thumbs down on Sherlock? Or is it not as simple as an up or down?

MaryAnn
MaryAnn
Tue, Aug 03, 2010 1:02pm

Definitely a green light on Sherlock.

Has anyone held off watching it waiting for my response? :->

(Posted from my smartphone, and now my first screening is about to start.)

Daniel
Daniel
Tue, Aug 03, 2010 1:31pm

The first episode of Sherlock is amazing. The second episode is a little too Law and Order: Baker Street.

Martin
Martin
Tue, Aug 03, 2010 1:36pm

There’s few things on this earth that could stop me from watching something as good as Sherlock.

Whilst the plot of the second episode is a bit weak, it’s still fun watching Holmes and Watson trying to solve the mystery.

Now if only they could solve the mystery of why the BBC only commissioned 3 episodes…

Lisa
Lisa
Tue, Aug 03, 2010 3:26pm

cos Stephen Moffatt can only write so much! He’s had 4 days off this year.

IMHO, Sherlock was so good because he wasn’t spending enough time on Who. Do you want to dilute his genius even further by having him write 2 full english tv shows at a time? Man needs to sleep!

Yeah I enjoy Watson and Holmes together. Aside from Benedict’s perfection in the role, Freeman is awesome too.

Wtf is this all about?

So Moffat says not the Dr (the next one) … but son of the master?

Good to know you liked it Maj – thought you would!

Nina
Nina
Tue, Aug 03, 2010 9:03pm

I watched the 1st ep thru alternative means (& yes, I think PBS will clip a few things…. sigh); I found Sherlock to be far more interesting to me than the big screen version. Cumberbatch really does something unique with his characterization; Freeman as Watson is pretty good too.

Downloading Ep2 now & looking forward to it!

MaryAnn
MaryAnn
Tue, Aug 03, 2010 11:24pm

Well, that’ll teach me to untether myself from the computer: traffic today was *half* what it was last Tuesday.

NorthernStar
NorthernStar
Wed, Aug 04, 2010 6:14am

Glad to hear you’re thinking of blogging about Sherlock.

“A Study in Pink” was quite honestly the best thing I’ve seen all year. Both leads are terrific and the characters well crafted, in particular (and at LONG last) Dr Watson.

Moffatt should clear a space on his mantle for the inevitable BAFTA.

JoshDM
JoshDM
Wed, Aug 04, 2010 11:02am

Have you configured your statistics viewing to not include yourself in the calculations?