What my followers on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ saw today:
• This is the crap that assaults little girls and warps our brains. As explained by the brilliant Everywhereist. WTF Weds: Dream Bride Wedding Day Playset
• Because I know you were wondering… Find Out Where the Joker Was During ‘The Dark Knight Rises’
• It’s adorable how the mainstream corporate media just keeps on denying the existence of the Internet, and that it no longer controls the flow of information. NBC criticized for not airing Phelps race live
• Down the memory hole. Way to go, NBC. NBC: We skipped terror tribute because it wasn’t “tailored for the U.S. audience”
• The idiotic thing is that commentators were supplied in advance with all the info they needed to supply informed commentary. So WTF, NBC? Olympics 2012 opening ceremony honors Tim Berners-Lee, but NBC anchors don’t know who he is
• If you’re outside the UK, you probably didn’t see this intro that ran on the BBC before the Olympics opening ceremony: a celebration of London, starring Benedict Cumberbatch.