Agent “Phil” Coulson is still alive! hooray! (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. trailer)

I don’t usually post television trailers, but the movie tie-in makes it impossible for me to resist this. Plus it’s from Joss Whedon.

Kinda looks like X-Men meets CSI: Superheroes with a touch of snark. Like how, probably, every week, someone’s gonna say, “Coulson, you just missed Tony Stark, he was literally like right here five minutes ago.”

Paul Wartenberg
Fri, May 17, 2013 12:34pm

I wouldn’t put it past the actors of the movies – Downey especially – to pass up a snarky cameo every other episode.
Also, who called it on Coulson surviving? I’m guessing 78 percent of the fanbase (comic book wisdom: only Uncle Ben and Bruce Wayne’s parents stay dead).

Jonathan Roth
reply to  Paul Wartenberg
Fri, May 17, 2013 9:00pm

Yeah, I called it. :) There was a couple lines right after Nick Fury did his motivating speech which could very easily have been interpreted as “Yeah, I know he’s not dead, but they needed a personal stake in this.” To the point where I’m surprised he wasn’t in the stinger.

This show is doing obscene things to my geek gland.

Matt Clayton
Fri, May 17, 2013 4:49pm

Yeah. Compared to Bucky surviving that fall in Captain America: The First Avenger, Coulson being revived is peanuts.

And Joss has that quirk of bringing characters he’s killed off back from the dead anyway…

Kathy_A
Kathy_A
Fri, May 17, 2013 10:45pm

Yay for Coulson!! I was really hoping that he wasn’t dead yet.
“Don’t touch Lola.” Hah!

teenygozer
teenygozer
Sat, May 18, 2013 12:09am

Given the Joss connection, I kept comparing characters to Buffyverse archetypes: “Coulson is doing a Giles!” “That girl is kinda a cross between Buffy and Faith!” “She’s Fred!” “OMG, he’s GUNN! LITERALLY!” Actually, we suspect J. August Richards might be playing “Luke Cage, Hero for Hire”, incidentally the guy Nicholas Cage got his last name from.

the rook
the rook
Sat, May 18, 2013 2:13am

i still want sam jackson to do a nick fury movie.

Sat, May 18, 2013 10:02am

It certainly seems to be playing on Whedon’s favourite stereotypes, but it might still be watchable until either it’s cancelled or it develops Heavy Significant Overtones. My usual problem with superhero worlds is the assumption that anyone without powers isn’t really interesting.

halavana
halavana
Sat, May 18, 2013 6:12pm

just might have to start watching tv again, at least on tue.

AA
AA
Mon, May 20, 2013 8:56pm

AWESOME!!!!

I love that line, “Don’t ever tell me that there’s no way…” ‘Cause that’s why I love Whedon — he rarely if ever resorts to the bane of my existence, “We/I have no choice…”