this is the mindset my Kickstarter is up against

This might sound like something out of the Victorian era, but it was written this morning:

This is asinine and ultimately won’t reach anywhere. Only women care about women and still not enough of them do. It’s an old and tired argument. Your life will be much easier and unfold much more smoothly when you learn to accept the natural order of things. A woman is a woman and a woman is not and never will be equal to a man. Accept it and continue with your life. As for this “how women are represented in movies” nonsense. I feel women have come a long, long way from how it used to be. For petes sake you have entire titles dedicated to women. “Elektra,” “Marie Antoinette,” “Pretty in Pink.” And that’s just a few. Then there are cartoons that depict women in roles of power and leadership like “She-Ra: Princess of Power,” or “Wonder Woman.” You’re lucky, cause you could have been born back in the generation where women didn’t have even a fraction of the privilege and rights they do now. Stop it and just accept your bloody roll in the universe. It’s like a common house cat trying to be seen and respected and feared as a lion. Just stop.

In case he deletes it:

asinine

For the record, this is the only bloody roll I am prepared to accept:

bloodyroll

It’s a plastic tablecloth from Oriental Trading. Very cool!

(The Kickstarter still needs some help. A pledge of even one dollar would be hugely appreciated.)

Thu, Dec 11, 2014 2:03pm

*headdesk*

reply to  Bluejay
Thu, Dec 11, 2014 6:53pm

You know what makes me *headdesk* right now? (among other things) The fact that there’s people telling MAJ that he’s being a troll on purpose. Like it is supposed to be a joke and now she’s an idiot for not just laughing along and complementing them on their sarcasm.

Yeah, it’s a troll, all right.

Yeah, he may have thought it was funny. And, yeah, they may have thought it is funny.

No, it’s not helping.

There’s loads of ways to be funny-troll-ish. We are nasty-sarcastic here often. Dr. Rocketscience, for one. but, not in a way that is belittling MAJ’s ideas.

And, I ask again, what scares them about DATA? Eh? They don’t have to put any money to this if they don’t want to, either, so what is the harm to them? Hmmmm?

Dr. Rocketscience
Dr. Rocketscience
reply to  LaSargenta
Thu, Dec 11, 2014 10:04pm

Um… thanks? >.>

reply to  Dr. Rocketscience
Thu, Dec 11, 2014 10:06pm

You noticed that I wrote “we”, right? I’m pretty sharp of tongue myself.

Do you mind being known as sarcastic-but-not-a-troll? o_O

Dr. Rocketscience
Dr. Rocketscience
reply to  LaSargenta
Thu, Dec 11, 2014 10:15pm

Well, that’s my sarcastic response! :D

I mean, sure, I’d like to have, say, bluejay’s reputation, temperament, and seemingly infinite patience. (In no small part because I’d probably show my ass less often.) But between the catharsis of ripping into some tool sometimes, and the whole “on the internet, no one knows you’re a dog” thing, I sometimes can’t help myself.

reply to  Dr. Rocketscience
Thu, Dec 11, 2014 10:30pm

I think those here who have met me in person could vouch that I’m pretty much the same dog irl as on teh webz. Probably a mutt of Labrador and Staffordshire with some unknowns who’s been kicked too much before finding a home.

David C-D
David C-D
reply to  LaSargenta
Fri, Dec 12, 2014 1:29am

If it was supposed to be a joke then it needs a lot of work. Though I feel like the bit about She-Ra and Wonder Woman has a joke in it somewhere.

As for data, you know how the scientists and actuaries are always twisting it to their nefarious purposes. Data are just wrong.

MaryAnn Johanson
reply to  LaSargenta
Fri, Dec 12, 2014 11:19am

But what if I’m right?! They might be forced to *slightly* readjust their perspective on the world. And that is simply too scary to contemplate.

reply to  MaryAnn Johanson
Fri, Dec 12, 2014 11:52am

It is amazing how much responsibility we let these emotional creatures have. I think it would be safer if we just kept them all in sports arenas….

Only the rational people should be allowed to run businesses.

Thu, Dec 11, 2014 2:10pm

Niiiice. What a dick.

reply to  LaSargenta
Thu, Dec 11, 2014 3:10pm

He thinks She-Ra should be enough for the ladies. “Entire titles dedicated to women!”

Danielm80
Danielm80
reply to  Bluejay
Thu, Dec 11, 2014 4:25pm

There are nearly 100 episodes of She-Ra, not to mention the Christmas special. You could spend days just watching the adventures of She-Ra. Why do you need new stories about women, when there are already so many quality thirty-year-old stories to choose from?

reply to  Bluejay
Thu, Dec 11, 2014 9:04pm

I think he meant to not have the “le” in that word.

Tonio Kruger
reply to  LaSargenta
Thu, Dec 11, 2014 10:41pm

He obviously prefers Star Trek: TOS. ;-)

Dr. Rocketscience
Dr. Rocketscience
Thu, Dec 11, 2014 10:16pm

Aww, he’s special!

Beowulf
Beowulf
Fri, Dec 12, 2014 5:00pm

He appears to be a person of a specific ethnic background. Can you imagine all the flame if you made a “joke” about his just relaxing and sitting back to enjoy all the progress his “people” have made since the 1800s?

Constable
Constable
Mon, Dec 29, 2014 6:38am

The things people will do to get attention. I almost admire just how perfectly awful this comment is… almost.