dream cast: hypothetical ‘Buckaroo Banzai’ sequel
It’s Thursday, and that means it’s time to remake an 80s classic TV show or movie with an all-new cast. This week we’re fantasizing about the once-promised, soon forgotten sequel to The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai: Across the Eighth Dimension -- Buckaroo Banzai Against the World Crime League.
(If you have a suggestion for an 80s TV show or movie we should play with, feel free to email me.)
It’s one of my very favorite movies, and the missing sequel is one of the lost movie I most long for. And with the 25th anniversary of the original film’s release coming up this summer, it seems like the perfect time to think about another installment.
The original cast included (I’m listing only characters here who could appear in the sequel):
Buckaroo Banzai: Peter Weller
My dream World Crime League cast:
Buckaroo Banzai: David Tennant
The most awesome end credits ever (except for promising us a sequel that never came):
Disqus commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
Thu Apr 02 09, 7:03PM
join the conversation:
12 pre-Disqus comments
by MaryAnn Johanson
· question of the day: Which film(s) do you want to see another sequel for, but fear that it won’t happen?
· just go ahead and download Neil Finn’s lovely Hobbit tune now (and other adventures in social networking)
· Real Steel (review)
· trailer break: ‘Happy Tears’
· Starship Troopers (review)
· on my radar: opening 08.18-20.10 in U.K. theaters
· The Expendables (review)
· The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor (review)
· female gazing at: Josh Holloway
· Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol (review)
question of the day: Are you an opinion-maker among your friends when it comes to movies?