It’s an action movie... for God!
If Fireproof, from the same producers, was Promise Keepers: The Movie, then here we have Promise Keepers II: The Husbanding. I guess the filmmakers figured, Hey, they all made fun of our little Christian movie, but we earned $33 million in 2008, and spent only half a mill to produce it. Eat that, suckers.
Well, they wouldn’t say “suckers,” because that would be unChristian.
Courageous opens today in North American but wasn’t screened for critics (though it does already have two reviews on Rotten Tomatoes somehow). It will probably make a bazillion dollars, because these are now officially the Tyler Perry movies for white Jesus-y types.
You’d think God would be a little more discriminating, though. He supposedly made the Grand Canyon and the kitten and all the stuff that goes into a martini, after all: the dude clearly has a sense of aesthetics. Surely they could have at least gotten someone like Terrence Malick to direct their little Sunday service movie. Oh, wait...
Disqus commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
Fri Sep 30 11, 10:15AM
join the conversation:
by MaryAnn Johanson
North America release date:
Sep 30 2011
U.K. release date:
Nov 4 2011
not screened for critics
Tree of Life
· North American box office: ‘Clash’ drops titanically
· trailer break: ‘Fireproof’
· trailer break: ‘Midnight Meat Train’
· critic’s minifesto #2: I work for you, not for the studios
· ‘Apollo 18’: not screened for critics, and not approved by NASA -- connection?
· North American box office: ‘Quantum of Solace’ nothing to grieve over
· The Artist will have a good night (and other Oscar predictions)
· OFCS announces 2011 awards
· question of the day: Can a director who doesn’t know how to tell a story still be called a strong visual filmmaker?
· ha! Sean Penn doesn’t like ‘Tree of Life’ either
question of the day: Google is guessing at the sexual orientation of celebs -- is this weird?
Doctor Who thing of the day: lovely abstract TARDIS painting