trailer break: ‘I Love You, Beth Cooper’

Take a break from work: watch a trailer…

I learned yesterday that this shan’t be screened for critics, and now I can see why.

How the hell old is that guy playing the valedictorian? The IMDB says 28. Geez. Or perhaps I should say geezer. Not that 28 is old old, of course, but it’s too old to still be playing high school, unless you’re Michael J. Fox in Back to the Future.

Oh yeah: and the whole rest of the trailer, once you get past that first shock of the old dude playing a high-schooler, looks like crap, too.

I Love You, Beth Cooper opens in the U.S. on July 10, and in the U.K. on August 21.

Kenny
Kenny
Fri, Jun 26, 2009 1:39pm

What is this? Weird Science meets Role Models?

PaulW
PaulW
Fri, Jun 26, 2009 3:54pm

Sorta like “She’s All That” without the Seth Green character. And any sign of sincerity.

Other names for this flick:
Nick and Norah’s Finite Bathroom Break
Where’s John Hughes When You Need Him
and
National Lampoon’s Wait Do People Still Read National Lampoon

Mo
Mo
Fri, Jun 26, 2009 10:01pm

“Hayden Panettiere is eight years younger than this actor, Paul Rust. Which means that when he was actually graduating from high school, she was 10 years old. That’s kinda yucky.”

Erm, Milo Ventimiglia is 31 apparently… That’s 12 years… Just saying… (*trying very, very hard not to bring David Tennant into this*)

Ryan
Ryan
Sat, Jun 27, 2009 11:28am

Oh, go for it Mo. I believe you were going to say something on the order of how Tennant is eleven years older than Billie Piper?

I think MaryAnn’s specific point here, however, is that they are trying to put this guy into a high-school role?

anonme
anonme
Sun, Jun 28, 2009 12:16pm

the guy maybe 28 but he looks 40. seriously what blind person cast this dude as a high schooler? he should be playing her dad. dude looks 20 years older if he’s really 28 and i doubt even that.

MaryAnn
MaryAnn
Tue, Jul 07, 2009 9:54pm

So bring David Tennant into it.

It makes me think a dude is seriously lacking in self-confidence and maturity if he can’t handle a grownup, and dates only women so much younger than him that it’s not unfair to call them girls.

That goes for Ventimiglia *and* Tennant.