caption this! image from ‘Amelia’

Fun for Wednesdays! We look at an image from an upcoming movie and write snarky, witty, or otherwise entertaining captions for it. No prizes, it’s just for fun.

Oh man, am I looking foward to this one. Ewan McGregor and Christopher Eccleston? I’d be flying, too:

Fox Searchlight tells us about the flick:

Amelia stars two-time Academy Award winner Hilary Swank as Amelia Earhart, the legendary aviatrix and enigmatic symbol of the American free spirit, who was guided by a profound curiosity for everything life had to offer.

Earhart’s early aviation triumphs and meteoric rise to fame and fortune were propelled along by her tempestuous partnership and eventual marriage to publisher George Putnam (Richard Gere). Bound by mutal ambition, admiration and, ultimately, a great love, their bond could not be broken even with her brief passionate affair with Gene Vidal (Ewan McGregor).

Just because this are serious movee and probably bound for the Oscars don’t mean we can’t have fun with it. In fact, I’m gonna contribute the first caption:

Funny place to put the makeup mirror…

Amelia opens in the U.S. on October 23, and in the U.K. on November 13.

Visit the film’s IMDB page or official site for more info.

Caption away…

amanohyo
amanohyo
Wed, Sep 30, 2009 3:46pm

“I’m good enough, I’m smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.”

“Honey, does this shirt make my head look flat?”

“Ms. Earhart’s gaze was truly riveting.”

MaSch
MaSch
Wed, Sep 30, 2009 3:50pm

“The hickey is completely covered? Good!”

doa766
doa766
Wed, Sep 30, 2009 3:50pm

they don’t know what they’re talking about, I’m not a “lesbian stereotype”, I look very handsome

Joanne
Joanne
Wed, Sep 30, 2009 6:15pm

“Yes, this look will do to pick up my third Oscar …”

Chris Beaubien
Wed, Sep 30, 2009 10:44pm

“Show me all the blueprints. Show me all the blueprints! Show me all the blueprints.”

Guido
Guido
Thu, Oct 01, 2009 1:39am

“Hmm, looking a little pale. Maybe a trip to the South Pacific…”

Muzz
Muzz
Thu, Oct 01, 2009 3:52am

“..cutting edge computer reflection effects that make your star fetching but leave your bit players looking like some sort of pachyderm”

Crystalle
Thu, Oct 01, 2009 4:22am

The aerial dancer CRYSTALLE presents her new masterpiece „AMELIYA“
Crystalle starts working on the performance already in San Francisco 2006,
long beforethe 20th CENTURY FOX movie AMELIA became reality.

Adagio for Ameliya
  The performance is an homage to the legendary female
pilot Amelia Earhart who in 1932, was the first woman
to fly single handed across the Atlantic.
With this amazing feat, Amelia Earhart embodied
self-confidence, strength and an ability to plan down
to the smallest detail combined with an incredible lust for life.
She was, and still is, an inspiration for all women and  men who want to fly.
This fascinating woman has also inspired CRYSTALLE
to take flight in a spell-bindingly different way.
Working exclusively with the British choreographer
Christina Comtesse a new concept and vocabulary of movement
has been developed, using a specially designed pilot seat built and developed
by the technical team of the Seattle Opera House (USA)
Please ask for pictures and more informations
crystalle@mac.com

Gee
Gee
Thu, Oct 01, 2009 7:35am

Eek! Big mistake! This mirrored wall’s not retro chic after all – more like seventies nightmare…

I wonder if I can lever them off with an Allen key?

Michael
Michael
Thu, Oct 01, 2009 11:56am

“Ms. Earhart’s gaze was truly riveting.”

I don’t have a caption. I would just like to point out that amanohyo is truly evil. ;)

bracyman
bracyman
Thu, Oct 01, 2009 1:13pm

If I pop this collar inside my other popped collar, I’ll be twice as cool.