question of the day: What movie are you most looking forward to in September?

As of this writing, 15 movies will open wide in North America in the month of September. Which means that even if you’re an active moviegoer and see a movie each week, you’ve still gotta pick and choose (and it’s even worse if you’re in a city on the arthouse circuit, but let’s not make this too complicated).

After a jump, a list of those 15 movies to whet your appetite, or not, as the case may be:
September 4
All About Steve (trailer) (opens in the U.K. on January 15, 2010)

Extract (no U.K. release date has been announced)

Gamer (trailer) (opens in the U.K. on the same day)

September 9-11
9 (trailer) (opens in the U.K. on October 30)

Sorority Row (opens in the U.K. on September 9)

Tyler Perry’s I Can Do Bad All by Myself (no U.K. release date has been announced)

Whiteout (trailer) (opens in the U.K. on the same day)

September 18
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs (opens in the U.K. on the same day)

The Informant! (trailer) (opens in the U.K. on November 20)

Jennifer’s Body (trailer) (opens in the U.K. on October 9)

Love Happens (opens in the U.K. on October 9)

September 25
Fame (opens in the U.K. on the same day)

Pandorum (opens in the U.K. on September 18)

Pool Boys (no U.K. release date has been announced)

Surrogates (opens in the U.K. on on the same day)

Which of these movies are you most looking forward to in September?

(If you have a suggestion for a QOTD, feel free to email me. Responses to this QOTD sent by email will be ignored; please post your responses here.)

Brian
Brian
Wed, Sep 02, 2009 9:52am

I’ve been eager to see 9 (not to be confused with the upcoming musical Nine) since I saw the original animated short at a film festival a few years ago.

Speaking of musicals: They’ve remade Fame in a PG version, huh? I’d ask why, but it’s fairly obvious.

Left_Wing_Fox
Left_Wing_Fox
Wed, Sep 02, 2009 11:03am

Roughly in order:
Gamer
Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs

David
David
Wed, Sep 02, 2009 11:07am

Surrogates

That’s about all that excites me.

PJK
PJK
Wed, Sep 02, 2009 11:26am

Since I’m not in the USA or the UK, I’ve checked the list of movies to be released in my favorite cinema during the month of September and have come to the following selection:

The Hurt Locker
District 9

That seems to be it. Maybe Gamer.

bracyman
bracyman
Wed, Sep 02, 2009 11:29am

I’m wondering if I can compress Gamer, Surrogates and Avatar into one movie. Are these movies reflections of a fear that someone is controlling our lives through the internet?

I think that I want to see Whiteout because I hope it will be like The Thing. With gratuitous shower scene.

@PJK – Definitely catch The hurt Locker. That movie should have had more fanfare.

LaSargenta
LaSargenta
Wed, Sep 02, 2009 11:48am

None of the above.

I’m kind of intrigued by Disgrace, Amreeka and Burning Plain. But, I’m not exactly planning to definately see them. I still haven’t had time to see Taking Woodstock!

Pollas
Pollas
Wed, Sep 02, 2009 12:31pm

Love Happens. Anything with Aaron Eckhart, I’m there.

Kevin
Kevin
Wed, Sep 02, 2009 12:34pm

The Informant! is the only must-see, as far as I’m concerned.

I might also check out Jennifer’s Body and Surrogates, if time allows…

tomservo
tomservo
Wed, Sep 02, 2009 12:54pm

We got the three best movies of the year, The Hurt Locker, District 9, and Inglourious Basterds, pretty much back to back so I’m not expecting much this month. 9 looks intriguing, but might wait for DVD.

tomservo
tomservo
Wed, Sep 02, 2009 12:57pm

BTW, where’s The Hurt Locker review, MJ?

sm
sm
Wed, Sep 02, 2009 5:58pm

Love Happens – for Aaron Eckhart.

Surrogates – need my sci-fi fix.

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs – classic of my childhood.