me at CNN.com

I’m quoted pretty extensively in a new article at CNN.com called “Hollywood has it bad for Valentine’s Day.” When I spoke to the reporter earlier this week, I had no idea how much of what I said would end up in the piece, but a lot of what we talked about is reflected there.

If you’ve been reading my stuff regularly, there’s probably not much there that’ll be new to you. But is there really ever enough complaining to do about Hollywood romantic comedies? I think not.

Kevin
Kevin
Sat, Feb 13, 2010 4:45pm

Good for you. You should win the award for the most smartest writer on the net. Now when will you review the movie frozen like you said? I want to see it but I can’t imagine how a little cold air and ice can be so scary.

JoshDM
JoshDM
Sat, Feb 13, 2010 4:52pm
Mathias
Mathias
Sat, Feb 13, 2010 6:29pm

First you get quoted on The Mist’s DVD/Blu-Ray back-cover and now this?

Way to go MaryAnn!

MaryAnn
MaryAnn
Sat, Feb 13, 2010 7:07pm

Now when will you review the movie frozen like you said?

I didn’t get to it this week because of the blizzard. Hopefully I can see it next week.

JoshDm
JoshDm
Sat, Feb 13, 2010 8:34pm

Is that ironic, or Alanis Morissette ironic?

Anne-Kari
Anne-Kari
Sat, Feb 13, 2010 8:48pm

Well hot damn, MAJ!! Great to see you on CNN.com. I hope this marks the beginning of a trend for you and flickfilosopher.com.

tweeks
tweeks
Mon, Feb 15, 2010 2:28am

Before we know it, we’ll be tuning in to At the Moves with Ebert & Johanson.

The question is, will Ebert ever adopt the traffic light system, or will MaryAnn allow her judgements to be reduced to thumbs-up / thumbs-down?

Jurgan
Jurgan
Tue, Feb 16, 2010 4:16pm

Ebert’s not coming back to the show. And I don’t know if Maryann wants to work in as restrictive a format as TV long-term (although Siskel and Ebert were better than most TV reviewers in terms of depth, mostly because they kept writing newspaper reviews throughout their TV careers).

Paul
Paul
Tue, Feb 16, 2010 5:47pm

Thumb sideways?

LaSargenta
LaSargenta
Tue, Feb 16, 2010 6:18pm

Shit. Now we’ll never convince MaryAnn to have a NYC MAJ-Fans get together at the IFC for dinner and a movie! (I had all these plans to start peppering her with e-mails to have one of these when Chumley’s reopens and then off to a flick.)

Congrats, MaryAnn. This is good news! :-)