omg: Neil Gaiman turns in his ‘Doctor Who’ script

From Neil Gaiman’s own Twitpic feed:

That’s Gaiman on the right, Steven Moffat in the middle, and Richard Curtis (who will also be contributing a script to an upcoming series of Doctor Who) on the left. (Thanks to the many readers, including Kat and Keith, who sent me this via email and Facebook.)
That’s pretty much the whole story. Gaiman is even covering up the episode title with his fingers so we can’t begin to speculate on what his episode is actually about. Bastard.

Other writers whom I insist contribute to Doctor Who:

Connie Willis
Cory Doctorow
S.M. Stirling
Robert J. Sawyer
William Gibson
Laurie King

And me, of course.

Becky
Becky
Wed, May 26, 2010 4:42am

The BBC news interview with Neil – the only thing he’ll give away…

“Now I know what I can tell people: It will be on television – and it’s in colour!”

Jo the Hat
Wed, May 26, 2010 7:22am

This is my punishment for not fully empathising with my daughter. She’s five and every day asks ‘How many days until new Doctor Who?’. Now I have to wait A WHOLE YEAR for Neil Gaiman’s DW ep. ARGHH! etc

PaulW
PaulW
Wed, May 26, 2010 1:32pm

Would Terry Prachett be alright to do a Who?

Tonio Kruger
Wed, May 26, 2010 3:06pm

Other writers whom I insist contribute to Doctor Who:

Connie Willis
Cory Doctorow
S.M. Stirling
Robert J. Sawyer
William Gibson
Laurie King

I bow to no person–even MaryAnn–in my literary love for Connie Willis but I really want to see Stirling do a “Doctor Who versus the Draka” episode and I want to see it now.

(Then again, given the fact that Stirling’s Draka books aren’t really big on happy endings, perhaps I settle for someone more like Esther Friesner. Or even that Harlan Ellison fellow…)

Lady Tenar
Lady Tenar
Wed, May 26, 2010 3:18pm

How about Ursula K. Le Guin? She’s still going strong in her 80s and she’s totally brilliant and, in my opinion, a good fit for the show. Hey, a girl can dream.

I_Sell_Books
I_Sell_Books
Wed, May 26, 2010 4:19pm

Eee! EEE!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Ditto for Connie Willis.

Dave
Dave
Wed, May 26, 2010 4:39pm

Saw this on Twitter and all I could think is. “Damn it now I have to wait an entire year before I get to see this, constantly looking at a calender and seeing that it isn’t time for it to be on tv yet.”

Not saying I don’t want him to write one. Just that telling me so long before I get to see it is a form of torture and should be banned.

Persephone
Wed, May 26, 2010 4:50pm

Paul Cornell wrote the amazing “Father’s Day” for New Who Season One and the stunning “Human Nature/Family of Blood” for New Who Season Three. He is overdue. Bring him back.

Failing that, Alan Bennett.

Lisa
Lisa
Wed, May 26, 2010 6:03pm

I didn’t like Father’s Day and RTD always complains that he never gets the credit for his extensive re-write on Human Nature/FOB.

Didn’t Neil Gaiman write a great episode of Babylon 5 or did I dream that one?

Lady Tenar
Lady Tenar
Wed, May 26, 2010 6:24pm

This.

Becky
Becky
Thu, May 27, 2010 3:51am

Didn’t Neil Gaiman write a great episode of Babylon 5 or did I dream that one?

No, it wasn’t a dream – Neil wrote ‘Day of the Dead’ in S5 of the mighty mighty Babylon 5. We will not discuss that it would have been far more awesome if Ivanova had been in it.

Did you also know that the Gaim (a race seen usually walking around in the background) were named after Neil and inspired by Sandman too (their masks take after the Dream Lord’s helm)

There’s a random fact for the day!

D
D
Thu, May 27, 2010 8:32am

How about Alan Moore and Grant Morrisson?