If you haven’t commented here before, your first comment will be held for MaryAnn’s approval. This is an anti-spam, anti-troll, anti-abuse measure. If your comment is not spam, trollish, or abusive, it will be approved, and all your future comments will post immediately. (Further comments may still be deleted if spammy, trollish, or abusive, and continued such behavior will get your account deleted and banned.)
Ken
Ken
Thu, Jun 17, 2010 1:38pm

Deepwater Horizon is a catchy movie title

Frank
Frank
Thu, Jun 17, 2010 2:43pm

Hilarious. And spot on.

Lisa Y.
Lisa Y.
Thu, Jun 17, 2010 3:36pm

So glad someone noticed this besides me. The minute I saw Tony Hayward I noticed the striking resemblance to Michael Sheen. I would bet casting agents are already on the phone to Mr. Sheen :D

Dokeo
Dokeo
Thu, Jun 17, 2010 6:33pm

Oh good lord! I thought Michael Sheen had it tough being basically typecast the “The Tony Blair Guy,” but yeah, he’s gonna have to play Hayward. And — depending on how much loner this goes on and how much worse it gets and, of course, the ecological and economic fallout we’ll only learn about over the next decade — there might be a lot of stories featuring this character. Bet Sheen’s not terribly glad about that, though.

Lisa
Lisa
Fri, Jun 18, 2010 6:23am

definitely Sheen but I also see a little bit of Stephen Moffat too.

Brie
Brie
Fri, Jun 18, 2010 4:11pm

Ha! I thought the exact same thing.

MaryAnn
MaryAnn
Fri, Jun 18, 2010 5:57pm

I should post my interview with Sheen from back when *The Damned United* opened here, in which we talked about how he likes playing real people.

(Damned transcription of interviews is what always holds me up from posting them. Transcription is my least favorite thing to do ever — it’s even worse then ironing something with pleats.)