What my followers on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ saw today:
• This is getting ridiculous. An anonymous writer calling himself “RidiculousFanBoyDemands” attends a press screening as the guest of an apparently legit critic, and then posts a review that he calls “no review just, my reactions” (inappropriate comma his). Site posts it with this: “DISCLAIMER: This article was submitted by a volunteer contributor who has agreed to our code of conduct.” Except the code of conduct says nothing about embargoes, breaking of. RidiculousFanBoyDemands Doesn’t Review THE AVENGERS
• I can’t believe I missed this earlier. Man in male-dominated Hollywood says, in response to the beginning of a hint of a rise in female participation on the creative end: “Enough, ladies. I get it. You have periods… [W]e’re approaching peak vagina on television, the point of labia saturation.” It’s astonishing how little male privilege has to be infringed upon for some men to freak out. ‘Two and a Half Men’ Co-Creator Apologizes for Sexist Comments
• If you liked the zombie nativity set I posted a while back, you may like this (looking for supporters on Kickstarter). The First Halloween… Nativity Set!!
• Just so wrong. [sinking-Titanic bouncy castle photo]
• Naturally, I love this. The Evolution of Intelligence [graphic]
• Huh. Interesting. Study Probes How Sad Movies Make Viewers Happy
• So apparently fans are not included in the *Avengers* embargo. UK critics are forbidden from posting reviews till April 20. Most US critics haven’t seen the film yet. But heh! Let the fanboys speak. REVIEW: Avengers!!!!!