• Plagiarism! Everybody’s doing it! Fareed Zakaria Apologizes for ‘Close Similarities’ Between Column and New Yorker Article
• Nice analysis of why Leia is so damn cool. Can We Talk About Why We Really Love Princess Leia?
• Fuck this shit. If it’s wrong for a woman athlete to cash in on her looks, then the entities to be shamed are the corporations doing the selling, not the women trying to make a living. If we want Olympians to focus solely on their sport, then they need to get some sort of federal financial support. People gotta pay the rent, even Olympic athletes. That New York Times Piece on Lolo Jones Got a Lot Right about Women in Sports
• It’s not permanent: it’ll be a channel for only a month. But it’s kinda cool that that’s technologically possible. James Bond to get his own Sky channel
• All Bible stories should be this hot. First Look: Russell Crowe Looks Grizzled in Darren Aronofsky’s ‘Noah’
(hat-tip for today’s links: Angela, PJK)