there’s no possibility this movie isn’t awesome (The World’s End trailer)

Simon Pegg and Edgar Wright together again for the first time. And Nick Frost. And Martin Freeman. And Eddie Marsan. And Rosemund Pike. And Paddy Considine.

I’m dying from the awesome already.

Paul Wartenberg
Wed, May 08, 2013 12:37pm

Oh great, and as I’m always the designated driver it’s up to ME to get the car, isn’t it…? (runs)

Wed, May 08, 2013 2:01pm

I hope it works. I hope it works. I hope it works.

Jess Haskins
Wed, May 08, 2013 2:33pm

If this were from some unknowns I’d probably write it off without another thought. But mmm…dat cast.

MaryAnn Johanson
reply to  Jess Haskins
Thu, May 09, 2013 6:35pm

Part of why I’m excited about this is precisely because of the team it’s from.

Jonathan Roth
Wed, May 08, 2013 2:47pm

Ok, that’s the second time I saw a fence gag from Simon Pegg. I knew something was going to happen, and I laughed out loud anyways.

Perhaps I haven’t seen as much from the pair, but doesn’t Nick Frost usually play the irresponsible one of the pair?

Prankster36
Prankster36
reply to  Jonathan Roth
Wed, May 08, 2013 7:43pm

Yes, clearly that’s the big change-up here, that Pegg’s the screwup and Frost is the responsible one.
I’m obviously on board because I know how amazing this team’s movies are, but I have to admit, if I didn’t know that, this trailer might not have done much to sell me. It does indeed look a bit Hangover-ish (up til the aliens (?) show up, of course.)

Catherine Cantieri
Wed, May 08, 2013 3:27pm

GLORIOUS. Can’t wait!

b.lynch black
b.lynch black
Wed, May 08, 2013 4:19pm

oh, i can’t wait!

Martin
Martin
Wed, May 08, 2013 5:57pm

Cannot wait. I still can’t believe that the ‘shortcut’ gag still works.

applekate
applekate
Wed, May 08, 2013 6:41pm

This looks like “The Hangover” with British accents. And zombies.

Ugh.

MaryAnn Johanson
reply to  applekate
Thu, May 09, 2013 6:35pm

It looks like a “you can’t go home again” dark comedy to me.

Dr. Rocketscience
Dr. Rocketscience
Wed, May 08, 2013 7:19pm

For a second, I thought this was about that ultra-meta Seth Rogan/James Franco end of the world movie. And I thought the world might actually be ending if this headline applied. >.>

Der Bruno Stroszek
Der Bruno Stroszek
Fri, May 10, 2013 7:23am

I’m really looking forward to seeing Eddie Marsan in this: Edgar Wright seems to have an impeccable sense for primarily dramatic actors who should do comedy.
And Mark Heap is one of the barmen! Tiny thing, but it made me very happy.

Colleen AUS
Colleen AUS
Fri, Jun 28, 2013 1:35pm

The only way to top this awesomeness is if Bill Bailey makes a cameo…I am so looking forward to the ultimate answer to the ultimate question…how will they work in the last Cornetto? :)

bronxbee
bronxbee
reply to  Colleen AUS
Fri, Jun 28, 2013 5:37pm

oh, and Bill Nighy! PUH-leeze let Bill Nighy be in this.

Martin
Martin
Fri, Jul 19, 2013 3:14am

This movie is awesome. Just back from a midnight screening.

Not convinced it’s quite as awesome as Shaun and Fuzz but when you set the bar that high…

It’s a tiny bit frustrating that Simon Pegg’s character gets a little more focus than Nick Frost’s but it’s definitely a new perspective on the pair as ‘buddies’.