The Conjuring trailers: why I’m looking forward to yet another haunted house flick

*yawn* Another haunted house movie. Why should I care?

Oh. Right. You’d never guess from that trailer, but this one tells me why I should care:

Vera Farmiga. Patrick Wilson. Lili Taylor. Ron Livingston.

With a cast like that, I’m there. I’ll probably be disappointed even with their collective presence, because I don’t tend to find horror movies scary at all. But I’ll be a little more optimistic than usual.

rosterri
rosterri
Fri, Jun 28, 2013 12:41pm

Just saw the commercial on tv last night. My first thought was, “not normally my cup of tea but it would be so nice to see Lili Taylor onscreen again.”

Tonio Kruger
reply to  rosterri
Sat, Jun 29, 2013 5:38pm

But the last haunted house movie Lili Taylor was in — I.e. The Haunting remake of 1999 — was awful.

Matt Clayton
Matt Clayton
Sat, Jun 29, 2013 2:21am

I don’t know MAJ, the buzz on this film is very strong and it tested very strongly with both female and male audiences.

And I jumped during both teaser and theatrical trailers, so if the movie can do that throughout… it’s already worth it.

MaryAnn Johanson
reply to  Matt Clayton
Sat, Jun 29, 2013 11:39am

You make a lot of assumptions there. :->

Sun, Jun 30, 2013 11:30am

Oh, the Warrens, those fraudsters who made people believe that the Amityville thing was real. Quick summary of one of their “cases” in this book review. I don’t think there’s an actor born who can make something worthwhile out of that source material.

Beowulf
Beowulf
Tue, Jul 23, 2013 2:47pm

It wasn’t bad. It wasn’t The Exorcist, but then it wasn’t Saw, either, thank goodness. The acting was very good and the film was very intelligently directed and edited. My lasting problem with films like these, and vampire movies with their crosses, is you have to believe in God and Jesus and the whole shebang.
Why can’t it ever just be some sort of yet-unknown phenomena or multidimensional manifestation of things yet undiscovered? The two women gave strong performances, I must say.