My pal Bonnie — aka bronxbee in comments here — attended New York Comic-Con this past weekend and took a ton of photos. I’m sharing some of the Doctor Who-related ones here over the next few days.
Spotted outside the Javits Center, where the convention was taking place:
I love how the fire hydrant looks like a little Dalek.
And inside, suspected father-daughter duos:
The Doctor’s adventures as family entertainment is a new development on the left side of the Atlantic, too. Back in the day the was pretty much of interest only to teenaged and adult geeks. Now it’s moms and dads and little kids. Neat.
Photos by Bonnie-Ann Black.
See the rest of the “Doctor Who at New York Comic-Con” series:
• merch at New York Comic-Con
• gender-bending lady fans make the Doctor their own
• women really do like Tom Baker’s Doctor
• dressing up as the TARDIS
• meet the Doctor Puppets and puppeteer/animator Alisa Stern
• when boys cosplay Time Lords
• when pro artists pull sexist bullshit
• the littlest fans at New York Comic-Con
• fans two-by-two at New York Comic-Con
• creative cosplay
• TARDIS bags for charity
(If you stumble across a cool Doctor Who thing, feel free to email me with a link.)