How to Train Your Dragon 2 trailer: not the spoilery one

A new trailer for How to Train Your Dragon 2 has just been released, and some fans — and some of the filmmakers — are saying that it reveals way too much of the story.

This is not that trailer. This is the teaser from a few months back, and it is sheer gorgeousness. It reminds me of everything I fell in love with in the first film. Hoorah!

I want a dragon for Christmas.

Fri, Dec 20, 2013 4:47pm

A dragon is for life, not just for Christmas. :-)

MaryAnn Johanson
reply to  RogerBW
Fri, Dec 20, 2013 5:18pm

I would keep my dragon and love her forever and let her sleep in my bed and everything.

Dr. Rocketscience
Dr. Rocketscience
Sat, Dec 21, 2013 12:03am

Eh, the new trailer is only “spoilery” in the sense that “it might deprive some members of the audience the cheap thrill you get when you fail to pick up on all the obvious clues the movie has dropped for you up until that particular moment”.

MaryAnn Johanson
reply to  Dr. Rocketscience
Sat, Dec 21, 2013 12:59am

But we haven’t seen the movie yet. We haven’t had clues dropped on us.

Or am I misunderstanding what you’re saying?

Dr. Rocketscience
Dr. Rocketscience
reply to  MaryAnn Johanson
Sat, Dec 21, 2013 2:11am

I am speculating, but as well as HTTYD was written, it wasn’t written that well. On the contrary, I’d be more impressed if the reveal being called a spoiler was well established early in the film, so that only the character is surprised. But I’m cynical enough about how children’s films, and sequels, and sequels to childrens films are made that I don’t see the reveal coming as completely out of left field as it would have to be in order to not qualify as the case I described.

canimal
canimal
reply to  Dr. Rocketscience
Sat, Dec 21, 2013 1:04am

How could you possibly know this without having seen the movie…?

Dr. Rocketscience
Dr. Rocketscience
reply to  canimal
Sat, Dec 21, 2013 2:13am

I’ve seen enough movies to make an educated guess. I’d love to be wrong.

beccity98
beccity98
Thu, Dec 26, 2013 8:22am

Have any of you read the books? Or, more precisely, have you listened to the audiobooks? They are read by none other than David Tennant, and around the 5th book, you start thinking in his voice. Plus, his voices and especially his dragonese are hilarious.

This trailer is indeed gorgeous!