question of the day: What movie are you most looking forward to in April?

As of this writing, 11 movies will open wide in North America in the month of April. Which means that even if you’re an active moviegoing and see a movie each week, you’ve still gotta pick and choose (and it’s even worse if you’re in a city on the arthouse circuit, but let’s not make this too complicated).

After a jump, a list of those 11 movies to whet your appetite, or not, as the case may be:
April 3
Adventureland (trailer) (opens in the U.K. on July 17)
Fast & Furious (trailer) (opens in the U.K. on April 10)

April 10
Dragonball Evolution (trailer) (opens in the U.K. on April 8)
Hannah Montana: The Movie (opens in the U.K. on May 1)
Observe and Report (opens in the U.K. on April 24)

April 17
17 Again (trailer) (opens in the U.K. on the same day)
Crank: High Voltage (trailer) (opens in the U.K. on the same day)
State of Play (trailer) (opens in the U.K. on the same day)

April 24
Fighting (opens in the U.K. on May 15)
Obsessed (opens in the U.K. on May 29)
The Soloist (opens in the U.K. on September 11)

Which of these movies are you most looking forward to in April?

Depending on what kind of response this test question gets, I may make this a regular QOTD around the beginning of every month.

(If you have a suggestion for a QOTD, feel free to email me.)

Ryan H
Ryan H
Tue, Mar 31, 2009 9:43am

Eh, I can’t say that any of those have me really excited. I think the next movie I’m really looking forward to is Star Trek. I hadn’t been paying it much attention, but he trailer in front of Watchmen got me pumped to see it.

chiclit
chiclit
Tue, Mar 31, 2009 10:14am

State of Play, though how it could possibly be better than the British series, I don’t know but will give the material the benefit of the doubt.

Kate
Kate
Tue, Mar 31, 2009 10:24am

I’m really not excited for any of them. This April is just a stepping stone to the summer movie season.

Kevin
Kevin
Tue, Mar 31, 2009 10:57am

OBSERVE AND REPORT is the only one I’m really looking forward to. Anyone who’s been watching EASTBOUND & DOWN knows why!

Pollas
Pollas
Tue, Mar 31, 2009 11:45am

Bit of a so-so month. State of Play has me the most excited.

Katie Dvorak
Katie Dvorak
Tue, Mar 31, 2009 12:04pm

I guess State of Play though of course I don’t expect all that much compared to the British version. Kinda a crappy months all in all.

Saladinho
Saladinho
Tue, Mar 31, 2009 6:14pm

Not sure about any of these. Maybe Observe and Report, but so far, it’s been a slow year for me, theater wise. I’ve discovered Fassbinder recently, so that’ll keep me busy with Netflix anyway…

Heh. An ad for Observe and Report has come on just as I type this.

Rich
Rich
Wed, Apr 01, 2009 9:53pm

Yeah, after the 1-2-3 punch of Sunshine Cleaning, Duplicity and the Rudd film, April feels ‘meh.’

Jeffrey Wells says Adventureland is smart and winning so I’m there for that.

State of Play has Bateman and Wright Penn and those two should never be taken for granted. But I can’t help but feel that Crowe is just so over.

Soloist has been delayed so many times but it’s trailer looked kind of okay to me.

I’m clutching. This is a lousy month.

Ryan
Ryan
Wed, Apr 01, 2009 10:28pm

State of Play and Observe and Report look pretty decent.

blake
blake
Thu, Apr 02, 2009 6:53pm

Red Dwarf.
Look, I know it’s telly but I love it !
It’s gonna be really exciting.