trailer break: ‘The Hangover’

Take a break from work: watch a trailer…

Is it cuz I’m not a guy that I don’t get that whole first bit here, with the dude who complains that he’s not invited to the bachelor party and then is in his underwear? How does the one thing connect to the other? Or does it not matter? Is the only salient point here: Hey, the fat guy is down to his tightey whities?

Oh, look! And then he’s in his underwear again!

Oh, look! And then he’s gets tasered in the face! Man, that is always hilarious.

Oh, and there’s a joke about the Holocaust!

Oh, and there’s Mike Tyson.

This is gonna be the most awesome movie ever.

The Hangover opens in the U.S. on June 5, and in the U.K. on June 12.

MaSch
MaSch
Thu, May 28, 2009 11:44am

This movie is the reason I will stay away from Sneak Previews until this movie is in cinemas. i don’t want to catch it by bad luck.

JT
JT
Thu, May 28, 2009 1:38pm

It actually does look pretty awesome.

bats :[
bats :[
Thu, May 28, 2009 1:55pm

My husband and I go to Vegas at least twice a year (once for computer trade shows, the other just to mess around — and by messing around, I mean scrounging through used bookstores, music and movie stores, etc.). We were there Monday-Friday last week for a trade show, and the closest we got to the Strip was the show being held at the Mandalay Bay conference center. Movies like this hold a certain goof-ball attraction for me, because nothing like this ever happens to us when we’re there. (Thinking…thinking…thinking…nope, it doesn’t. The closest we’ve come to a “Vegas movie moment” — I kid you not — is from “Bolt,” when the scrawny little cat pours her heart out to Bolt as they’re sitting in a garbage-strewn empty lot behind one of the mega-casinos. You see a lot when you’re trying to find an off-the-Strip entrance to a parking garage.)

Bill
Bill
Thu, May 28, 2009 10:09pm

“Is the only salient point here: Hey, the fat guy is down to his tightey whities?” -maj

as a guy, lemme say yeah, i think maybe. i dunno.

i’m still laughing at the bit where the baby gets whacked by the car door. i can’t imagine why i’d ever go to see this in the theater, but i might watch the trailer a few more times. or at least that bit.

i am a fan of what i have seen of Zach Galifianakis. eh, who knows.

lastly, why can’t we all just ignore mike tyson till he dies and then forget about him?

Oliver
Oliver
Fri, May 29, 2009 3:14am

I didn’t get the thing with the undies either.

Oz
Oz
Fri, May 29, 2009 12:40pm

Dude, Where’s my Car 2: Vegas Baby Boogaloo!

I like Zach Galifianakis, but man. Why is he in this? Did he lose a bet?