trailer break: ‘Splice’

Take a break from work: watch a trailer…

Hey, it’s David Hewlett from Stargate Atlantis. I bet, alas, that he doesn’t get much to do and ends up eaten by the creature, or comes to some other horrible end. (I miss Rodney…)

“Human cloning is illegal. This won’t be human.” Right there is where you stop yourself and say, “Wait, doesn’t this totally sound like an awesome idea for a horror movie?” And that’s when you realize that maybe your little science project isn’t such a good idea.

Also: Don’t ever say, “What’s the worst that could happen?” Because then you’re doomed to find out…

Splice opens in the U.S. and Canada on June 4; no U.K. release date has been announced.

JoshDM
JoshDM
Tue, May 11, 2010 12:56pm

Hey, it’s David Hewlett from Stargate Atlantis.

What audience was clamoring for all of these Stargate shows? C’mon audience, post about it here for public humiliation.

Left_Wing_Fox
Left_Wing_Fox
Tue, May 11, 2010 1:58pm

Heh, I’m reminded of the Caveman science fiction from Dresden codak:

ME GO TOO FAR!

Ide Cyan
Ide Cyan
Tue, May 11, 2010 2:38pm

It’s a Vincenzo Natali movie. Hewlett’s been in several, if not most, of Natali’s previous films: Elevated (short), Cube, Cypher, and Nothing. (According to the IMDb, they went to high school together.) I’ve seen all of these, and I’m looking forward to Splice, too. Plus: it stars Sarah Polley!

Cori Ann
Cori Ann
Tue, May 11, 2010 4:27pm

I miss Rodney too.

the rook
the rook
Tue, May 11, 2010 4:47pm

why is it that when crazy gene splicing scientist crosses human dna with animal, why do they always pick scorpion? why not bunny rabbit? or hamster?

Andrew
Andrew
Tue, May 11, 2010 6:42pm

The second you create a creepy horror-organism that slithers around the lab and rapidly ages, you’re an asshole.

If your reaction to said horror-organism is “let’s put it in a dress and take it home!”, I’m officially rooting for your stupid ass to die.

So basically I have no desire to see this movie because who needs to see painfully stupid characters fuck up in ways that the slightest bit of genre savviness or common sense would have prevented?

CB
CB
Tue, May 11, 2010 6:53pm

Would you rather be crazy-lame, or crazy-AWESOME?

The choice is clear.

melraemorgan
melraemorgan
Thu, May 13, 2010 11:19pm

I MISS RODNEY TOO!!!! But I love David he’s awesome, can’t wait to see it. But where the HELL is MY ATLANTIS MOVIE?