What my followers on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ saw today:
• It’s hard to imagine an accurate adaptation of Hunger Games that isn’t rated R. Just thematically, never mind all the violence and blood. And yet, it’s from a big studio and is relying on teen audiences, and so… ‘The Hunger Games,’ ‘Bully’ prompt MPAA ratings fight
• Today’s Facepalmiest Headline Award goes to: WonderCon: Peter Berg Explains How Stephen Hawking And His Father Inspired ‘Battleship’, Not The Board Game
• When is theater journalism? Um, never… The Agony and Ecstasy of Mike Daisey
• Fascinating postmortem on a deceased talk show. (I never saw it, but it sounds dire.) Rosie O’Donnell’s Disastrous Oprah Winfrey Network Experience
• Social change deeply terrifies the small-minded… Massacre of emos in Iraq goes to core of a damaged society
• If you love Sherlock and you love otters, you will love this. Otters Who Look Like Benedict Cumberbatch: A Visual Examination.